Politics

Christmas Tree

No one in the Tory party has any right to call out anyone in any other party for not being a grown up after Boris Johnson. Or Braverman. Or Truss. Or Matt fucking Hancock.

Just seen the latest Tory party political broadcast, all about the winter fuel allowance cut. Pensioners on Chesterfield sofas stroking their well-groomed pets, fretting about how they're going to cope without the payment. Aye okay. :lol:

Was speaking to my dad about this because he technically qualified previously despite the fact he still worked on a part time basis. Apparently he got £500 last year which he gave to a fuel poverty charity because he thought it was immoral to keep it. The man earns comfortably £40k a year working part time and his wife is full time employed still. He owns his own home which is paid off. Why in fuck would he ever need winter fuel allowance? I appreciate he's not typical by a long stretch of everyone but ffs.

It's actually an insult to all younger generations that this had gone on so long.

42 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Was speaking to my dad about this because he technically qualified previously despite the fact he still worked on a part time basis. Apparently he got £500 last year which he gave to a fuel poverty charity because he thought it was immoral to keep it. The man earns comfortably £40k a year working part time and his wife is full time employed still. He owns his own home which is paid off. Why in fuck would he ever need winter fuel allowance? I appreciate he's not typical by a long stretch of everyone but ffs.

It's actually an insult to all younger generations that this had gone on so long.

It was largely just to appeal to a selfish, old, Tory cunt demographic. Earlier this year the income for households with pensioners overtook that of working families and they’re still fucking banging  on like they’ve been robbed. Those close to the threshold who will struggle are obvious exceptions to this. They should’ve been getting more instead of rolling out to everyone based purely on age.