Politics

Christmas Tree

Yeah. Who can forget the time, 3 weeks into the coalition, when George Osbourne announced above inflation pay rises across the public sector. Plus, he’s about as relevant as the SNP 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I know it's bad form to criticize Labour, but article sums up my misgivings really well

https://www.theguardian.com/business/article/2024/aug/04/britain-didnt-vote-labour-just-to-get-a-new-iron-chancellor

Its not by Owen Jones btw

Nah, it’s by a guess who character.

image.png.76bc14808ead6a4e5db92e87b8fdc909.png

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Fucking grim this like :jesuswept:

The people breaking into the hotel is grim as is the tweet itself and the responses. 

• Like 3

Just watched the BBC News and they're sticking with calling the rioters "protestors". 

Bastani is a fucking bellend. Part of the Owen Jabrones Collective. I'm surprised we haven't seen that fucking melt making his mouth go. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Renton said:

The people breaking into the hotel is grim as is the tweet itself and the responses. 

Bastani’s a cunt 👍🏻

So is Fox. Pretty sure this could be construed as incitement to riot and he could go down for this. 

Edited by Renton
  • Jaysus... 1

44 minutes ago, Renton said:

So is Fox. Pretty sure this could be construed as incitement to riot and he could go down for this. 

I wouldn't fancy Fox on my side in this pretend war. He's about 9st wet through!

11 minutes ago, wackyjunior said:

I doubt it I don't think it's specific enough. 

It's clearly race hatred. That can't be disputed.

And he's declaring war. Who against?  Presumably against the elected government. Which is treason.

I'll be very surprised if he is not arrested, charged, and likely does jail time. I hope they put him in a cell with other wannabe terrorists, preferably Islamic ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

It's clearly race hatred. That can't be disputed.

And he's declaring war. Who against?  Presumably against the elected government. Which is treason.

I'll be very surprised if he is not arrested, charged, and likely does jail time. I hope they put him in a cell with other wannabe terrorists, preferably Islamic ones.

His get out will be that he didn't mean violence, a political war or something. Police can't prosecute on hypotheticals.

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I wouldn't fancy Fox on my side in this pretend war. He's about 9st wet through!

I’m almost 100% sure that Fox spent a week at The Calvert Trust centre when I worked there in 1987-88. 
We were told this kid ( about 10/11yrs old), was the son of James Fox, and it was a Christian group of some sort that were there with a bunch of disabled kids. 
Anyway, I caught him being a proper cunt to a couple of kids with Downs, doing the “Trump disabled reporter”thing, and so made his life miserable for the time he was there, “accidentally” tipping his canoe on the lake and making him carry extra gear etc. 

Little fucking rat went crying to his group leader, so I explained what he’d been doing. 

Cunt then, cunt now. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m almost 100% sure that Fox spent a week at The Calvert Trust centre when I worked there in 1987-88. 
We were told this kid ( about 10/11yrs old), was the son of James Fox, and it was a Christian group of some sort that were there with a bunch of disabled kids. 
Anyway, I caught him being a proper cunt to a couple of kids with Downs, doing the “Trump disabled reporter”thing, and so made his life miserable for the time he was there, “accidentally” tipping his canoe on the lake and making him carry extra gear etc. 

Little fucking rat went crying to his group leader, so I explained what he’d been doing. 

Cunt then, cunt now. 

So it’s your fault 

• Haha 5

Random, just reading about the youngest chess grand master the UK has ever had there, this 16 year old indian lad. He was going to get deported with his family but Rachel Reeves intervened on the basis hge could be a Wrold champion and national asset. Anyway, I never knew that Reeves herself was a junior national chess champion. As someone who struggled to master chess, and eventually gave up because my brain couldn't cope, this actually impresses me.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/aug/03/rachel-reeves-challenges-rishi-sunak-to-game-of-chess-amid-reports-of-plan-to-revive-game

• Like 1

We've got a 9 year old lass now who is a mega chess brain and is off to some big championships. 

I worry about the idea of sending a 9 year old into that, but she seemed chill as fuck about it all. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/articles/cv2g6zdq9rgo.amp

Started playing during lockdown, when she must have been 5, and was in the British Championships by 2022.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Random, just reading about the youngest chess grand master the UK has ever had there, this 16 year old indian lad. He was going to get deported with his family but Rachel Reeves intervened on the basis hge could be a Wrold champion and national asset. Anyway, I never knew that Reeves herself was a junior national chess champion. As someone who struggled to master chess, and eventually gave up because my brain couldn't cope, this actually impresses me.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/aug/03/rachel-reeves-challenges-rishi-sunak-to-game-of-chess-amid-reports-of-plan-to-revive-game

I like chess and play a bit online. But I’m not particularly good tbh. When you play someone pretty decent, let alone the standard you or Gemmill mention it’s apparent, even in games of blitz or bullet, just how many moves ahead good players can see 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I'm a big chess fan too. :good:

(Sorry, chest).

• Haha 2