Politics

Christmas Tree

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thread. The batshit avengers have assembled. The Popupar Conservatives, most of whom weren't popular enough to retain their seats last week, are meeting to discuss next steps, and you won't be surprised to hear that they don't think they need to move back to the centre. :lol:

Truss hasn't turned up, and they've had to get Braverman to join. 

The upcoming leadership contest and period in the wilderness promises to be epic. 

I’d say 10% of the attendance is sitting at the mixing desk. 

Also, spotted Gullis sitting with all his mates…

IMG_3082.thumb.jpeg.2726f16dfbd10eb4bafa71419cada18b.jpeg

• Haha 3

The Tories listening to Frost while they were in power was a blight on all of us. Them listening to him now is absolutely fine. He's hopeless. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Are you saying the thought of Therese Coffey swaying to Latin beats gives you wood ?  That one hell of a confession 🤮

Yes that's definitely the take from that. 

Embarrassed Shame GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alex said:

The other side says ‘Whadda ya think of shit?’ 

GallowgatedYP.

Her other cup says, 'whadda ya think of sunlin?' on one side and says 'shit' on the other.

• Like 1

The continuing implosion of that party is glorious to observe :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He looks like what happens when you hold in a particularly violent sneeze.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, a lad called Sam Carling. He's from the North East. He went on BBC Breakfast at the weekend and the bloke interviewing him was a bit of a fucking prick:

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/youngest-mp-bbc-breakfast-interview-sam-carling-b2575466.html

Fair play. ‘Life experience’ is the sort of shit that people like Leazes (god rest his racist soul) come out with. And usually can’t give an answer to. He’s already achieved more than most people do in their lifetime with his Oxbridge degree and being elected as an MP. And I think you need young people in politics to get other young people to engage with politics. You wouldn’t want a cabinet filled with 22 year olds but their having a voice in Parliament is perfectly reasonable given you can vote etc. from the age of 18. Of course going to Eton before doing PPE at Oxford is perfect preparation for going into government on the other hand. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I mean his hair is fucking ridiculous. There's no excuse for that. 

Looks like Douglas Hurd’s on Spitting Image 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 4

On 31/05/2024 at 14:50, Meenzer said:

Labour have chosen a candidate in my constituency who's young enough that I could be his dad. Still gets my tactical vote, obviously, but fuck this shit. :lol:

Remember this? Aye, that's him. :lol:

• Haha 7

He needs a glow-up. He's like Parliament's Doogie Howser at the minute. 

I hope he turns up after summer recess with corn rows or a Phil Foden cut. 

• Haha 6

You can definitely overdo this sort of thing, and it probably has a shelf life, but I'm enjoying the incompetence of the last lot being called out. 

• Like 4

So…. Is it just electoral commission law broken here or is it a police matter, or is it fuck all? 🤷🏻‍♂️

No one in the media is really running with it when others seem fairly obvious that Reform have misled 1000s of people…seems strange to me tbh 

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/24440858.reform-uk-admission-election-candidates-glasgow/

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with running paper candidates, that happens all the time at every level of politics, although it's usually people who are at least vaguely local. So I suppose the question is whether these Reformers do exist and actually consented to being the candidates. :lol:

• Haha 2

:lol: she's fucking horrendous. If I was Sunak, I'd have pushed my chair back, stood up, and told her to fucking sort it out cos I'm off to California. 

• Haha 3