Politics

Christmas Tree

4 hours ago, Sharp said:

Yes, let me explain, i am not against immegration far from it we need free movement across the borders but only if it benefits this country,  we dont need to be a dumpimg ground for all the shite thats coming over on bastard dinghys, and by the way have you seen many women or kids on them boats?  If you want to bring these  people here make sure the infrastructure is in place, Build more houses build more doctor surgerys build more schools , dont just let every tom dick and bastard harry come here.. the country is fucked and you know it

If the country is fucked it’s because of arseholes like you voting for brexit.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Doesn't she have more important things to do, like remembering where she buried Maddie?

She's easily the fittest of the political nerd journos. 

The good thing is that these independent pro-Palestine candidates can sort out Gaza/Israel. I think that'll be handy for everyone if they could pick that up. 

• Haha 3

Nice to wake up to see that the DUP have lost three of their eight seats including that of the odious Ian Paisley Jr who ends a run of 54 years in which his seat was held by either him or his father.

• Like 3

Any decent analysis of how Reform have affected the result? It’s being compared to 1997 but this seems to be more about how Reform have routed the Tory vote than people turning wholesale to Labour.

Farage's stated aim was to be leader of opposition. The Tory membership love him. Farage does deal to not stand against Tories in exchange for becoming leader

Dream scenario if Starmer does well, but a nightmare if he doesn't 

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Farage's stated aim was to be leader of opposition. The Tory membership love him. Farage does deal to not stand against Tories in exchange for becoming leader

Dream scenario if Starmer does well, but a nightmare if he doesn't 

I hope Tories and Reform don’t join. The far right would get all the Tory voter base. 

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I hope Tories and Reform don’t join. The far right would get all the Tory voter base. 

They wouldn't like. There are moderate Tories that would be appalled by the party becoming a vehicle for Farage. 

• Like 3

I would just enjoy the fact that the Tories have been smashed. Give yourself at least a week, before you torture yourself with scenarios about how a party that currently has 4 seats is going to take over the Tory Party and romp to victory at the next election. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They wouldn't like. There are moderate Tories that would be appalled by the party becoming a vehicle for Farage. 

I dunno. If it happens,  they’ll dress it up and there are definitely dyed in the wool Tories out there. I mean, who would even vote for them now after 14 years of disaster? They are either blindly loyal or stupid. If Farage somehow get his teeth into them then it would be a worry.

Edited by Holden McGroin

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I would just enjoy the fact that the Tories have been smashed. Give yourself at least a week, before you torture yourself with scenarios about how a party that currently has 4 seats is going to take over the Tory Party and romp to victory at the next election. 

True. I tend to drift in and out of politics. It’s not good for my health to keep involved. 😂

Well, Tories destroyed (not enough but well enough) I'm now going to unfollow/mute EVERY politico I was following on Twatter (except the yank one's for wishing death on the Orange rapist paedo reasons).

Let politics be boring as fuck. Apart from here/this thread, I'll follow nowt/nobody.

👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

BAKER DOWN! :lol:

The Hard Man of Brexit, chinned by.....Brexit.

Maybe going on holiday instead of campaigning wasn’t the best idea?

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Maybe going on holiday instead of campaigning wasn’t the best idea?

A catamaran man's got to man his catamaran. 

44 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

And reform lose a lot of their dubious appeal if they’re just the Tories 

Morning all, first time I’ve taken much notice of politics for a few years. First of all, Bridget was very impressive last night and more so on breakfast TV this morning.

Secondly I watched the Gary Neville and Kier Starmer interview last night and was very impressed by him as a person. Personally I think he will grow into the role very well and will be very good. It seems that he has a lot of stuff ready to go from day 1.

Reform / Farage are definitely a threat not just to Labour but moreover to the country as a whole, particularly with the way politics is heading over the Atlantic and over the channel.

Whats needed is a nice boring 5 years with good progress on what’s achievable.

• Like 2