Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Think everyone is being very flippant about Reform, like. I’m inclined to agree with KD about a weak Labour government emboldening them. The only thing that will

impede it is Farage being bone idle and them exclusively attracting MPs who won’t stand up to any real media scrutiny. But in the days of denying everything and people being fine with it, that may not be much of a problem 

The only way Farage and reform maintain ANY relevance, is if the press who created him/them continue to suck his cock.

• Like 2

Where is the Poole result, PL's former hometown remains a Tory stronghold (am disgusted as my caravan resides in same constituency btw) I suspect he's inflicting Tory wherever he goes.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Lad in the office.  Got three bairns and he voted Tory as he 'didn't believe Starmer' :lol: 

There should be some level of educational/intelligence test to allow you to vote tbh. Bar set at something like 5 GCSE's (equivalent) and above and you can vote, otherwise fuck off you thick cunt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

The only way Farage and reform maintain ANY relevance, is if the press who created him/them continue to suck his cock.

I see no sign of that stopping, do you? Especially after getting 3 million votes 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

The Journo's now playing the "oh it's a landside, but is it really a good landslide ? vote share, independents winning, etc etc".

I suppose if politics gets boring again (please god!!!) these commentator cunts'll all be out of a job.

Thought Liz Kendal spoke a lot of sense earlier when she was saying that their job is not to pile up votes in safe seats, and that it's testament to their strategy of moving activists around seats to build the results that people have seen today.

I don't doubt that it's going to be hard to hold this together, but I find the immediate framing of "it's all built on sand lads, you'll be fucked in 5 years" is just lazy as fuck.

There are potential upsides too - the Tories are gonna have at least 6 months of batshittery while they pick a new leader. Whichever option they go for, that leader will cause division among their remaining MPs, and the number of 1922 letters is now a ridiculously low absolute number. Also, the Palestine issue has clearly hurt Labour this election but that won't be there forever. 

But mainly the whole framing just assumes they're going to get in power and be just as shit as the Tories were, and that no one will see any improvement in their lives. They might be right, but fucking hell they haven't even counted all the bastard votes yet. Could we maybe hold off on getting the new govt on to basically say "I mean we'll done, but you're fucked aren't you?" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

There should be some level of educational/intelligence test to allow you to vote tbh. Bar set at something like 5 GCSE's (equivalent) and above and you can vote, otherwise fuck off you thick cunt.

Well he's a fully chartered Structural Engineer with a Masters.  He's a very good engineer too and a decent lad.

• Jaysus... 1

3 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Labour won by 152 votes in Chelsea and Fulham. Off you fuck Greg Hands.

Ah that's mint. I hope he made a private copy of "the letter" for himself. The fucking prick. 

• Haha 3

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Well he's a fully chartered Structural Engineer with a Masters.  He's a very good engineer too and a decent lad.

Like the man said. Thick as fuck. 

• Haha 2

Should be interesting seeing Corbyn as the de facto leader of the new Antisemitism Party 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Think everyone is being very flippant about Reform, like. I’m inclined to agree with KD about a weak Labour government emboldening them. The only thing that will

impede it is Farage being bone idle and them exclusively attracting MPs who won’t stand up to any real media scrutiny. But in the days of denying everything and people being fine with it, that may not be much of a problem 

They've got 4 MPs man. The simple reality is that that just gets you very little exposure in Parliament. Their ability to interfere in the actual business of govt is going to be severely restricted - not much more than he has currently by just going on Question Time or whatever.

Im not saying it's nothing btw, it's not nothing. But it's nothing like as big a deal as the way the media went in on it in the hours after the exit poll. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So he can build a bridge (with the aid of CAD no doubt) but can he tie his shoelaces EH, EH!

19 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Where is the Poole result, PL's former hometown remains a Tory stronghold (am disgusted as my caravan resides in same constituency btw) I suspect he's inflicting Tory wherever he goes.

Season 1 Gun GIF

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

So he can build a bridge (with the aid of CAD no doubt) but can he tie his shoelaces EH, EH!

:lol: Well draughys use the CAD like.

I think that's it.  People need common sense!

BUT

IT's his choice to vote. 

I think people need educating, it's not just their vote though.  Its for them, their loved ones, their friends etc.  His kids and grand kids if he has any etc.

Cletus is here and the first thing he's done is switch the electric off. Livid. 

He's much more normal in person, but he CATEGORICALLY could not pass as my twin. CATEGORICALLY

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Cletus is here and the first thing he's done is switch the electric off. Livid. 

He's much more normal in person, but he CATEGORICALLY could not pass as my twin. CATEGORICALLY

He could try to change the meter live, I mean I could do it but I’m a fully qualified sparky and have been for 35 years, but most DNO’s have these sub contractors who only put a dweeb through a 3 day training course ☺️

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Canny line. Shame it's delivered in the voice of the softest dalek in the universe, but you can't have everything. :lol:

Doesn't she have more important things to do, like remembering where she buried Maddie?

• Haha 4