Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Sharp said:

Yes, let me explain, i am not against immegration far from it we need free movement across the borders but only if it benefits this country,  we dont need to be a dumpimg ground for all the shite thats coming over on bastard dinghys, and by the way have you seen many women or kids on them boats?  If you want to bring these  people here make sure the infrastructure is in place, Build more houses build more doctor surgerys build more schools , dont just let every tom dick and bastard harry come here.. the country is fucked and you know it

image.jpeg.0fec13ab66fb0881b48f0b7f7b4d53c3.jpeg

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

BAKER DOWN! :lol:

The Hard Man of Brexit, chinned by.....Brexit.

Surely not,!!! he was just on telly the other day about becoming leader (GUFFAW)

• Haha 2

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Lowest vote share to win a landslide apparently.

It's irrelevant with FPTP, Rigby et al going on about it to try and dampen their disappointment but FUCK IT, Tories are toast.

• Like 1

Cameron, May, Truss and Johnsons old seats all gone to other parties :lol:

Its absolute gold. 

They've really given John Curtice FAR too much airtime over the course of the night.

• Haha 1

The Journo's now playing the "oh it's a landside, but is it really a good landslide ? vote share, independents winning, etc etc".

I suppose if politics gets boring again (please god!!!) these commentator cunts'll all be out of a job.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So, just so I'm not confused, Reform has won 4 seats, right? 

That's fewer than Independent candidates, the same as Green and Plaid Cyrmu?

I guess I'm just confused as to why people are talking about them so much?

Because they came second in 98 seats. And most of that momentum happened in the last 4 weeks.

It gives Farage a mandate and there's a risk that the Conservatives now implode and Reform step into the gap they leave 

Just now, Toonpack said:

The Journo's now playing the "oh it's a landside, but is it really a good landslide ? vote share, independents winning, etc etc".

I suppose if politics gets boring again (please god!!!) these commentator cunts'll all be out of a job.

If it was the other way round they would be ramming it right up the arse of Labour wouldn't they?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If it was the other way round they would be ramming it right up the arse of Labour wouldn't they?

Indubitably (word used expressly in case new member Sharp is still "contributing")

So me and the now semi permanent Mrs PL watched the exit poll and then she went to bed. She got up at 6, showered, walked the dog, cup of tea and went to work 10 mins ago….and we still don’t fuckin know who our MP will be :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Because they came second in 98 seats. And most of that momentum happened in the last 4 weeks.

It gives Farage a mandate and there's a risk that the Conservatives now implode and Reform step into the gap they leave 

nah. They will move to the right and fight among themselves. It’s great news for  Labour and we’ll see then implode the same way Labour did during the Corbyn years. Hopefully it takes them an election cycle or two to get it out of their system before they remember that elections are won from the centre. 

The time to judge Starmer starts now. Time to start standing for something. He has such a big majority he can push through pretty much anything he wants. Time to throw away the caution and start rebuilding the country.

• Like 1

Think everyone is being very flippant about Reform, like. I’m inclined to agree with KD about a weak Labour government emboldening them. The only thing that will

impede it is Farage being bone idle and them exclusively attracting MPs who won’t stand up to any real media scrutiny. But in the days of denying everything and people being fine with it, that may not be much of a problem 

• Like 1