Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Alex said:

I can’t get over my old school having the nerve to brand itself as North Gosforth Academy. It’s in Seaton Burn :lol: 

The new estates built near that Miller and Carter branded themselves as East Gosforth :lol: even though they’re completely on the other side of Gosforth Park and right next to Killingworth/West Moor

Aye, the new estate in Hazelrigg is calling itself North Gosforth something or other. :lol:  That's an absolute pisstake, but it's a good 3 mile closer to Gosforth than Seaton Burn is. 

• Like 1

That’s interesting. Obviously they’ve got to get a prediction out at 10pm but your voter profile is going to be different at 10-11am than it is at 7-8pm?….

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s interesting. Obviously they’ve got to get a prediction out at 10pm but your voter profile is going to be different at 10-11am than it is at 7-8pm?….

Dunno, but I do wonder if for an election with as unusual an expected result as this one, whether the 2pm thing will hold. 

Although when he's saying we generally know "the result", he probably just means the absolute headline as to who is going to win.  So maybe actually they will already know that if it's a landslide. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Black And White Rock GIF

STILL THE UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT BASTARD BOOGIE BOYS OF THE WOOOOOORRLD!!! 😎

I’d start an AC/DC song title pun war with Gemmill, but he’d just end up getting Kicked in the teeth. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, the new estate in Hazelrigg is calling itself North Gosforth something or other. :lol:  That's an absolute pisstake, but it's a good 3 mile closer to Gosforth than Seaton Burn is. 

When I was taxiing someone gave their address as Low Gosforth. 

It was behind where the Viking used to be on Longbenton Estate :lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d start an AC/DC song title pun war with Gemmill, but he’d just end up getting Kicked in the teeth. 

Or maybe a swift one to his Big Balls? 😃

• Haha 2

image.thumb.png.8d4670e2c3031437ffd70d815b746159.png

This shows number of projected seats based on expected majority %age. 

Dark colour is > 10% majority

Medium is 5 to 10% majority

Light colour is <5% majority. 

Look at the light band for the tories as compared to their dark band.  The vast majority of the seats they're expected to win are on a less than 5% majority.  28 is the highest proportion of seats they're expected to win with a greater than 10% majority.

Compare that with Labour where for the most part their required 326 seats comes from >10% majority. 

I just want the exit poll now like, I'm fucking boring myself. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Dunno, but I do wonder if for an election with as unusual an expected result as this one, whether the 2pm thing will hold. 

Although when he's saying we generally know "the result", he probably just means the absolute headline as to who is going to win.  So maybe actually they will already know that if it's a landslide. 

Tbh the exit poll is usually incredibly accurate. I could go to bed then and wake up to the result +/- 5% of seats. The reason for staying up this time is pure for the numerous Portillo moments, I hope.

In '97 I was up all night at a Labour party in the then Rex hotel in Whitley Bay iirc. Was fantastic watching these tory cunts getting wiped out in a drunken crowd. This time it's just me, the wife, and 'ole toontastic. 27 years, Jesus. 

• Like 3

Just now, Renton said:

Tbh the exit poll is usually incredibly accurate. I could go to bed then and wake up to the result +/- 5% of seats. The reason for staying up this time is pure for the numerous Portillo moments, I hope.

In '97 I was up all night at a Labour party in the then Rex hotel in Whitley Bay iirc. Was fantastic watching these tory cunts getting wiped out in a drunken crowd. This time it's just me, the wife, and 'ole toontastic. 27 years, Jesus. 

If I manage to stay awake, you'll probably have a better night than you had in 97. 

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

When I was taxiing someone gave their address as Low Gosforth. 

It was behind where the Viking used to be on Longbenton Estate :lol:

Extremely low Gosforth.

Reminds me. I’ve only been for a drink in there once. I was meeting a couple of lads from near there and I just lived about 10 mins walk at the time. So the plan was to have a couple of drinks then get a taxi into town. I was on time but they were about 20 mins late. This was about 7pm on a Friday night. The clientele was a funny mix of young lads smoking joints whilst playing pool and a few grannies with shopping bags who looked like they’d popped to the shops at lunch time and never made it home. In the time before my mates turned up a joy rider who looked all of 14 crashed just outside, ran into the pub then into the bogs, closely followed by 3 old bill. What struck me was that I was the only person in the bar who seemed to pay any attention to it. To the extent I started wondering if I was having an acid flashback. Just a normal Friday night in The Viking presumably 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 8

Anyway, done my duty. Very quiet but I suppose its work hours.

A blast from the past. My taste in shirts hasn't changed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Anyway, done my duty. Very quiet but I suppose its work hours.

A blast from the past. My taste in shirts hasn't changed. 

Gemmill in the barbers there as well

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Extremely low Gosforth.

Reminds me. I’ve only been for a drink in there once. I was meeting a couple of lads from near there and I just lived about 10 mins walk at the time. So the plan was to have a couple of drinks then get a taxi into town. I was on time but they were about 20 mins late. This was about 7pm on a Friday night. The clientele was a funny mix of young lads smoking joints whilst playing pool and a few grannies with shopping bags who looked like they’d popped to the shops at lunch time and never made it home. In the time before my mates turned up a joy rider who looked all of 14 crashed just outside, ran into the pub then into the bogs, closely followed by 3 old bill. What struck me was that I was the only person in the bar who seemed to pay any attention to it. To the extent I started wondering if I was having an acid flashback. Just a normal Friday night in The Viking presumably 

Sounds like that pub in the Chatsworth estate in Shameless. :lol:

What happens to a nice estate pub when that pub becomes a sink estate I guess. Much like the Seine Boat in Meadowell (aka Flying Barstool). 

• Haha 1

Sweepstake on how many seats you reckon the cunts will end up with? I’m hoping it’ll be double, not triple figures but fear I’m going to be ‘just’ disappointed.

going with 102

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Gemmill in the barbers there as well

“reed heeded cunt” as Begbie would say ☺️

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Sounds like that pub in the Chatsworth estate in Shameless. :lol:

What happens to a nice estate pub when that pub becomes a sink estate I guess. Much like the Seine Boat in Meadowell (aka Flying Barstool). 

They filmed the first three series on location in West Gorton where my mum was brought up :lol: 

Last couple of series were directed by a kid I was at school with, he had the magnificently Scottish name of Justin Molotnikoff :D 

18 minutes ago, Craig said:

Sweepstake on how many seats you reckon the cunts will end up with? I’m hoping it’ll be double, not triple figures but fear I’m going to be ‘just’ disappointed.

going with 102