Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

As an aside, isn't it fucking ridiculous that "being Facebook friends" is something that is 'newsworthy'?

Not really. Politicians standing for election and being pally with right wing nut cases is rightly being called out 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not really. Politicians standing for election and being pally with right wing nut cases is rightly being called out 

Dunno if you're just being obtuse for a laugh, but I remember when "being friends on facebook" was some silly almost geeky thing. The amount of times I'd meet someone on a night out and become their friend on facebook was ridiculous. People just accumulated friends as a social game of one-upmanship. It wasn't serious at all. It was a throwaway website where we organised a Uni night out or shared photos of a Uni night out. Now it's this leviathan that's trampled it's way into political discourse.

I do think someone with a link to fascist agitators shouldn't be anywhere near British politics, BUT it's ridiculous to me that facebook holds this much weight.

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Britain is not America yet. 

Hopefully when he next risks putting his head above the parapet, someone will share this poll with him. 

Farage comes out today and says Reform engaged a professional vetting service to check all of their candidates backgrounds. He's said this firm hasn't flagged any issues and he may consider suing them. 

Turns out this firm is very clear on its website that they don't carry out vetting on your behalf, they give you access to their system and you have to do the work yourself. :lol:

And these cunts expect us to believe they can run a country. 

• Haha 5

You can absolutely rule out any legal action. He’s so full of shit :lol: 

• Haha 3

How has this wide-mouthed, racist, facist cunt, who’s never been elected, had such an influence on this country’s politics for the last 10 years. 

I’d happily do the time for offing the cunt, instead of giving him a milkshake shower. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

How has this wide-mouthed, racist, facist cunt, who’s never been elected, had such an influence on this country’s politics for the last 10 years. 

I’d happily do the time for offing the cunt, instead of giving him a milkshake shower. 

He’s been over indulged by a complicit media in the same way Johnson was 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just Stop Oil knackers spraypainting Stonehenge orange ffs. This lot are trying to turn people against climate change action. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Jaysus... 2

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just Stop Oil knackers spraypainting Stonehenge orange ffs. This lot are trying to turn people against climate change action. 

I can’t stand the cunts, me. I might actually drive home from work in second gear and high revs in the name of balance.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I can’t stand the cunts, me. I might actually drive home from work in second gear and high revs in the name of balance.

I get that it keeps the story in the headlines, and keeps the conversation rumbling on, BUT attacking art and history isn't exactly getting the populace onside by sticking it to the man.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I get that it keeps the story in the headlines, and keeps the conversation rumbling on, BUT attacking art and history isn't exactly getting the populace onside by sticking it to the man.

It was great when they were just launching paint on Porsche salesmen. They should have kept that going. Once that one virgin cable tied himself to the post against Everton I’ve hoped one of them would suffocate.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

It was great when they were just launching paint on Porsche salesmen. They should have kept that going. Once that one virgin cable tied himself to the post against Everton I’ve hoped one of them would suffocate.

If they splashed paint on the CEOs of oil companies, and energy providers, everyone would be well behind them.

Disrupting the everyman, or vandalising art/history won't get them support from anyone who isn't already supportive. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Renton said:

These cunts must think we're as tapped as they are.

And a governing party that has an unelected foreign secretary, with huge financial interests which he won’t disclose but definitely aren’t in China 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

If they splashed paint on the CEOs of oil companies, and energy providers, everyone would be well behind them.

Disrupting the everyman, or vandalising art/history won't get them support from anyone who isn't already supportive. 

Aye, super gluing yourself to a road at rush hour when low paid workers are commuting and likely to get a bollocking or potentially lose their job because of it is a cunts trick, they aren’t proving anything to anyone with stunts like that. The fact that they could cause delay to emergency services leading to someone dying too seems to mean nowt to them either.

Most normal people already understand and agree with their goals so it makes no sense for them to piss on their chips.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

And has an unelected foreign secret with huge financial interests which he won’t disclose but definitely aren’t on China 

What’s their foreign secret? Tories did 9/11?

• Haha 2