Politics

Christmas Tree

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Apparently the Sunday Times thinks it’s a big deal that Starmer supposedly offered peerages to the likes of Abbott if they stood down. Did they make the same song and dance about Johnson giving a seat in the Lords to the son of an KGB colonel? Genuine question as it seemed to be a long time after the event that even became newsworthy 

Not to mention putting his brother in the House of Lords and trying to knight his father.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

He’s so shit at this it’s untrue. 

He's as good as politics as he is football. I like Starmer, but he's a bit grey. If this Sunak cunt came up against Blair in his pomp then... oh my. But Starmer is still now in a position to extinguish this disgusting Tory Party. It's happening imo. 

• Like 1

I think they're gonna go after Sunak at the debate on this. Possibly pre emotive in case he starts with wild shit about Savile, which absolutely isn't beneath him. 

• Like 1

Also, he's almost certainly gonna claim that Starmer voluntarily defended terrorists as a barrister etc. He's gonna be absolutely flailing to try and instigate a change in the polls. 

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Also, he's almost certainly gonna claim that Starmer voluntarily defended terrorists as a barrister etc. He's gonna be absolutely flailing to try and instigate a change in the polls. 

Doesn't understand the cab rank rule and wasn't Starmer DPP? Is that another concept he doesn't understand? While he was making millions. 

39 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Doesn't understand the cab rank rule and wasn't Starmer DPP? Is that another concept he doesn't understand? While he was making millions. 

Aye he's gone after him for it repeatedly at PMQs. He knows the rule and he knows what he's doing, but he unfortunately just doesn't care. 

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye he's gone after him for it repeatedly at PMQs. He knows the rule and he knows what he's doing, but he unfortunately just doesn't care. 

The Debate would be a good place for Starmer to explain said rule (if raised) to the masses who won't know about it tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Doesn't understand the cab rank rule

Now hold on. Gemmill has explained himself about this many times. Nothing happened and anyway, if it did, the lass in question definitely consented. 

• Haha 7

Badenoch's gender equality nonsense this morning probably gives the game away on another attack line in tomorrow night's debate. Especially given she spent the morning completely flummoxed and unable to explain how any of it would work. 

Screenshot_20240603-093819.thumb.png.7d2195cd74f951f689a9e553ce295b19.png

Obviously they've not been doing their research or they'd realised that NOBODY gives a fuck. See bottom of the list of issues, two spots below "other". 

I honestly think she is mentally ill. Damn equality, human rights, and the future of the planet! And I don't want to judge people on their appearance, but the decline in her's is disturbing.

• Jaysus... 1

51 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Badenoch's gender equality nonsense this morning probably gives the game away on another attack line in tomorrow night's debate. Especially given she spent the morning completely flummoxed and unable to explain how any of it would work. 

Screenshot_20240603-093819.thumb.png.7d2195cd74f951f689a9e553ce295b19.png

Obviously they've not been doing their research or they'd realised that NOBODY gives a fuck. See bottom of the list of issues, two spots below "other". 

it is depressing verdict on the uk electorate that brexit, the biggest drag on the UK economy, and climate change, the biggest risk to humanity, are such low priorities 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I think they're gonna go after Sunak at the debate on this. Possibly pre emotive in case he starts with wild shit about Savile, which absolutely isn't beneath him. 

I’d counter by reminding him what a huge supporter of the Tories Savile was. Not to mention his close relationship with Thatcher, who allowed him to spend Xmas at Chequers and lobbied for his knighthood, despite being warned about his behaviour

• Like 2

Farage thing could also be them announcing a grubby deal with the Tories but I really hope not. Everything he's said so far would suggest it won't be that though. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Farage thing could also be them announcing a grubby deal with the Tories but I really hope not. Everything he's said so far would suggest it won't be that though. 

Yeah, looks like it to me. Not sure if him standing in Clacton makes much sense. Ah well, fuck them. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, looks like it to me. Not sure if him standing in Clacton makes much sense. Ah well, fuck them. 

It potentially significantly changes the result though. I'm a bit worried about this now.