Politics

Christmas Tree

37 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

No you're wrong, the polls haven't had time to catch up yet.....

You know when your armpit hair sometimes gets itself knotted and when you lift your arms up it tears itself out, making you squeal a bit? 

I hope that happens to Kuenssberg’s tatty minge every two hours. 

• Haha 4

Tories supposedly plotting inheritance tax cut and trying to get a Rwanda flight away before the election to try and sway the polls, the fucking hopeless twats. 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 2

I used to think some of the criticism of LK was ott but not now like. She's literally a tory schill. It's also clear from people like Maitlis she's been a big problem with the dire toon of travel in BBC political news. As much as I will take delight in her increasingly twisted gurning face on election night, I'll be watching C4. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

The poll tracker in the Guardian shows there’s been an uptick, from an already very strong position, for Labour and a slight uptick for the Tories too. They aren’t therefore, taking anything away from Labour but would appear to have taken a small percentage back from Reform. But, to repeat what I’ve previously said, there are no dramatic changes at all and there hasn’t been any for months and months. Obviously you’d expect the Telegraph to outright lie but Kuennsberg’s determination to change the narrative in the middle of an election campaign is a disgrace. Fortunately no one seems to pay her much heed 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

They mentioned this phenomenon briefly

on the News Agents last week. Basically it's a done deal for Labour and that makes for boring headlines for the next 5 weeks. The media are desperately trying to manufacture a bit of excitement out of the whole process, hence the mental takes we are currently seeing by the usual suspects 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Looks like she's floundering on her sentences. :cuppa:

Unless she's a practicing her Italian accent?

Labour's lead with Opinium has grown 6% in the first week of the campaign. :lol:

It was 14% this time last week. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Labour's lead with Opinium has grown 6% in the first week of the campaign. :lol:

It was 14% this time last week. 

Aye, Opinium normally have the lowest polling for Labour. 

And then there's this MRP today, which I believe has historically proven one of the most accurate. 

If Sunak keeps on doing what he's doing, there won't be a party left to govern. Considering where we were in 2019, that is astonishing but really on reflection was an inevitable consequence of Johnson. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Apparently the Sunday Times thinks it’s a big deal that Starmer supposedly offered peerages to the likes of Abbott if they stood down. Did they make the same song and dance about Johnson giving a seat in the Lords to the son of an KGB colonel? Genuine question as it seemed to be a long time after the event that even became newsworthy 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

44 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

This has to against some kind of electoral rules?

It is. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

She Reay is like Goebbles. In that snip she implies MRP polls are less reliable than others, even though the exact opposite is true. MRP polls are typically correct to a few seats. Oh well, all she's going to do, if anything, is encourage Labour voters not to be complacent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

This has to against some kind of electoral rules?

Saw that earlier. Electoral calculus gives him a 3% chance of retaining his seat. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

She Reay is like Goebbles. In that snip she implies MRP polls are less reliable than others, even though the exact opposite is true. MRP polls are typically correct to a few seats. Oh well, all she's going to do, if anything, is encourage Labour voters not to be complacent. 

Yeah. She’s an absolute fucking cunt. But she’s not going achieve much with her lies imo. It also shows why Labour have been so cautious prior to the campaign, because this is what they’re up against from the supposedly impartial BBC. Let alone the openly right wing press. Just look at the people she’s supported in all but name and the damage they’ve done to this country. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

It is. 

While I think it’s a disgrace, what impact does the dozy cunt think it’ll have. People normally vote for parties rather than individual candidates anyway. He’s as stupid as he is desperate. I expect the BBC will now make this their headline for the next couple of days? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Yeah. She’s an absolute fucking cunt. But she’s not going achieve much with her lies imo. It also shows why Labour have been so cautious prior to the campaign, because this is what they’re up against from the supposedly impartial BBC. Let alone the openly right wing press. Just look at the people she’s supported in all but name and the damage they’ve done to this country. 

She’s still hoping Johnson is going to fire a bastard up her. That’s where her political position is IMO. Based on zero factual evidence but I’m pretty sure it’s true.

• Haha 3