Politics

Christmas Tree

14 hours ago, Renton said:

But but Dianne Abbot....

She sounds pissed tbh (as well as absolutely mental, which goes without saying). Fortunately she’s got next to no influence and is unlikely to have much in the future 

The last two sentences. :lol:

The BBC rewriting the rules of leader debates so that Farage can get on the show. 

• Like 3

Labour have chosen a candidate in my constituency who's young enough that I could be his dad. Still gets my tactical vote, obviously, but fuck this shit. :lol:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Just had a quick look online and it appears as yet my constituency doesn't even have a Tory candidate! :lol: 

Even Johnny Deka has knocked it back.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Just had a quick look online and it appears as yet my constituency doesn't even have a Tory candidate! :lol: 

As of this morning I think they still had about 190 candidates left to select with about a week to go. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The last two sentences. :lol:

The BBC rewriting the rules of leader debates so that Farage can get on the show. 

If I was the other leaders I would only go on if everyone else was a party leader. I don’t think any of them have anything to gain by going up against Farage. He’ll try to make all about him because that’s all he ever does. I’d argue the case from the pov as to wanting to know what the Reform leader has to hide and why they won’t go on instead. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

As of this morning I think they still had about 190 candidates left to select with about a week to go. 

Lady à Courcey DeTroyte: "Darling, I need a word. I've found out about your dirty little secret."

Lord à Courcey DeTroyte: "Ah, listen darling I can explain, I tripped over a kerb and ended up landing on the male prostitute who just happened to be lying there naked sniffing cocaine. In the fall my clothes snagged on a protruding erection causing them to fall off and his rolled up fifty pound note ended up one of my nostrils with the class A drug accidently being inhaled from a line spread out on his buttocks."

Lady à Courcey-DeTroyte: "No, not that, the fact you're standing in this year's election for Sunak!"

Lord à Courcey DeTroyte: "Oh fuck. You know."

• Haha 4

The lad doing the Opinimum MRP which will come out tomorrow night posted this earlier:

I assume given Naomi Smith has followed up saying prepare for a fun weekend that they're gonna be wildly positive for Labour? 

• Like 1

I don’t see it happening but it would be funny as fuck if the few remaining Tories weren’t even the main opposition. As it stands loads of the current ones are ministers in one form or another. With this comes an additional salary. The same is true for the official leader of the opposition, shadow cabinet, etc. But, iirc, you don’t get anything bar the prestige for being the leader, spokespersons, etc for the other parties. It would be hilarious anyway though. And if the polls are wildly positive for Labour it also shows stuff like Diane Abbott thing, whilst being of interest to people like us who follow politics quite closely, means very little to your average punter. And Labour just need to maintain their current position anyway to have an enormous majority 

• Like 3

There's been a couple of polls out today with no movement. And that includes polling the last couple of days while Abbott was rumbling on. 

• Like 1

There won’t be enough benches to fill the government seats. 

I assume this will be front page of the Daily Mail tomorrow.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gemmill said:

There's been a couple of polls out today with no movement. And that includes polling the last couple of days while Abbott was rumbling on. 

No you're wrong, the polls haven't had time to catch up yet.....

• Like 1