Politics

Christmas Tree

Looks like Abbott has been given the Labour whip back. An hour ago the Times was reporting an exclusive that she had been banned from running. 

So someone is talking shite. 

What time do the results normally start coming in at? I’d like to pull an all nighter but fear I’ll be way too drunk before the real action begins.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I looked up that Bretton wanker and he’s a former army officer. So his posh sprogs / grandkids wouldn’t be what he has in mind either 

image.gif.260aaf0341e2dbee927864af8eee8c5e.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Seems like an outlier anyway tbh. It’s been Labour in the low 40%s and the Tories in the low 20%s for ages now. I think people have made their minds up in a lot of cases too. It would take something remarkable to even see Labour ‘only’ get a majority like the ‘landslide’ one Johnson got 

Different methodology on the Don't Knows apparently. No idea which is more accurate but think Theresa May co owns JL partners. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

Quite the take. 

The real tragedy of this is that I have the same wallpaper in my front room as a Tory cunt.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

The real tragedy of this is that I have the same wallpaper in my front room as a Tory cunt.

Funny, I’ve got a wall sized pic of Big Ben. 

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

What time do the results normally start coming in at? I’d like to pull an all nighter but fear I’ll be way too drunk before the real action begins.

I'm gonna watch the exit poll then set my alarm for 1am or something and then try and watch the shenanigans. 

Good chance that whatever the exit poll says is gonna cause me to be wide awake and either shitting it or too celebratory to sleep though. 

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Sunderland will return first as ever, around midnight, as they have to fucking prove to the nation how important and special they are. And good at counting.   

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Sunderland will return first as ever, around midnight, as they have to fucking prove to the nation how important and special they are. And good at counting.   

I guess the extra fingers come in handy.

• Haha 10

0_General-Election-2019.jpg

"Hello everybody, it's us! Sunderland! Near Newcastle with your general election result for Sunderland north. But before we start, do you hate the mags anaarl? "

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

"Hello everybody, it's us! Sunderland! Near Newcastle with your general election result for Sunderland north. But before we start, do you hate the mags anaarl? "

And don't forget the genocide :) 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, The Mighty Hog said:

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Funny, I’ve got a wall sized pic of Big Ben. 

... no, I'm not going there 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Bridget's come a long way from her Wednesday Addams days. 

• Haha 1

Img_2024_05_29_06_10_42.jpeg.05615ddf09d977b06d672522c040ea74.jpeg

"The polls WILL narrow" latest. 

Polling conducted Mon and Tues of this week so this is the remix of Ignition, hot and fresh out the kitchen. 

Say what you want about R Kelly, but you'll be humming that absolute banger for the rest of the day. 

• Haha 2

This is supposedly the seat Iain Dale is getting after he announced he was leaving LBC to run. 

If Labour and the Lib Dems voters even remotely get their shit together on tactical voting, it'll be a short lived break from LBC. 

Posted (edited)

The Labour party has promised to charge private schools 20% VAT, as well as end business rate relief, if it came to power after the general election. This would reportedly raise about £1.7bn of funds that Labour promises to send into the state school system

The fallout from the privileged for this on X is magnificent. Apparently Labour are ruining the country because some of the upper middle class now can't afford to send Tarquin to private school. Well, maybe get rid of your Netflix account and mobile phone like the rest of us.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

Loads of these schools can’t even operate as a viable business without the tax breaks, etc. Despite charging exorbitant fees. Little wonder that they turn out so many entitled cunts who think the rules don’t apply to them. Fuck the lot of them tbh. They’re a massive part of the mess the country is in. 

• Like 4

Looks like Labour have handled the Abbott thing terribly. They'd come to an agreement with her to restore the whip and then she would announce that she was standing down and bow out gracefully. 

But some dipshit yesterday told the Times she was "barred from standing" and now it's all become very acrimonious. I think the terms of the agreement were pretty much that she wouldn't stand, but when you've taken all this time to engineer an outcome, got the outcome you wanted, and then still managed to fuck it up is pretty shit.