Politics

Christmas Tree

image.png.4d712a5e297e152b306c009d0670e56c.png

Last month it was on the news they weren't imprisoning rapists because of a lack of prison capacity. "Priorities". 

One rule for us, another rule for tory MPs. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

image.png.4d712a5e297e152b306c009d0670e56c.png

Last month it was on the news they weren't imprisoning rapists because of a lack of prison capacity. "Priorities". 

One rule for us, another rule for tory MPs. 

The president of Argentina approves Sunak's message image.png.d87cf7c9b4ab46139f78f5cf7ef9936a.png

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Employers or Employees or both? The bbc news department give pigshit a bad name :cuppa:

IMG_3237.jpeg

Call me cynical, but whichever one is cut, these cunts aren’t doing it out of benevolence. 
It’s purely to make their successors look shit when they inevitably have to raise it again to fix the fuck ups they’ve inherited. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Blimey, I thought Cleverly was one of the better ones. 

Not to defend a Tory or owt, but he was talking about Stockton, which is a bit of a shithole tbf.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Not to defend a Tory or owt, but he was talking about Stockton, which is a bit of a shithole tbf.

True, but howay, you don't say it. Reminds me once I was giving a talk about some research I had done based in Stoke on Trent. We were quite an informal bunch and I described the place as "the arse end of the Universe", which was fine, considering the context of the study. In the any questions bit my line manager raised his hand.

"Do you know where I'm from Renton?"

"Erm, no now you come to mention it Paul"

"I'm from Stoke, Renton". 

Oh how we laughed. 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Blimey, I thought Cleverly was one of the better ones. 

He is but he’s happy enough to serve as a minister in this administration. That should tell you everything you need to know. At this point it’s a case of his being marginally less of a cunt than some of the others. 

3 hours ago, Renton said:

True, but howay, you don't say it. Reminds me once I was giving a talk about some research I had done based in Stoke on Trent. We were quite an informal bunch and I described the place as "the arse end of the Universe", which was fine, considering the context of the study. In the any questions bit my line manager raised his hand.

"Do you know where I'm from Renton?"

"Erm, no now you come to mention it Paul"

"I'm from Stoke, Renton". 

Oh how we laughed. 

Angry Women GIF by South Park

Question for any economists on here if there is any (I dabble but not really in macroeconomics). Maybe the bean copunters ewerk or Gemmill can help. 

Net immigration numbers today - 672,000. Now what I want to know, does GDP take this into account? So, when we get the GDP figures, that's not GDP per capita, is it? Shouldn't, all thing being equal, immigration alone should provide a GDP boost of 1% per annum. But we're not seeing this, so in meaningful terms, the economy is contracting? 

Edited by Renton

Er excuse me.

Firstly, ewerk couldn't hack the exams so is actually an accountancy dropout.

And the other person you refer to as a "bean counter" is not only a qualified accountant, he also has a degree in Economics. This bloke has got it all.

Now that my credentials are established, I don't know the answer to your question.

• Haha 10

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Firstly, ewerk couldn't hack the exams so is actually an accountancy dropout.

In my defence, I was at the significant disadvantage of sitting accountancy exams even though I have never worked a day as an accountant and had zero interest in it.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

In my defence, I was at the significant disadvantage of sitting accountancy exams even though I have never worked a day as an accountant and had zero interest in it.

Normal people don't.

• Like 1