Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Jeremy Quin (Minister for Cabinet Office) has give now. Quite a shock as he’s relatively moderate and competent too. Claims it’s to focus on his constituency work. Not that big in itself but significant given he’s regarded as a Sunak ally and well respected. I wouldn’t be surprised if the PM doesn’t make it to the general election 

Aye, he's manouevred into a position whereby he's fucked whatever he does. Fortunately for him, doesn't really matter does it, it never did. Gets his portrait on Downing street wall (even Truss has one, see below), one for his memoirs if he bothers.  Just another phase in the average tory psycopath's life.

image.png.d2eb0e7f856ed2b9af4b08cda7f53a3f.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Meanwhile, as well as crumbling in front of our eyes, gotta keep on cunting. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67385385

This makes me fucking livid. My sister, who had severe mental illness that made it obvious she didn't have the capacity for paid work, was rejected from PIP causing her even more anxiety, just before covid. I was busy helping her appeal when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer, they very generously paid her it, after telling her she had less than 6 expected months of life left (the first she knew about this prognosis).

Pure callousness and doesn't even make sense. There are thousands who can't work because they can't get the treatment they need in a timely manner from the NHS. Fix the NHS, and I guarantee you would save more money than driving people to suicide over PIP. Well, maybe not on seconds thoughts, maybe that's the plan. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5
  • Jaysus... 1

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

This makes me fucking livid. My sister, who had severe mental illness that made it obvious she didn't have the capacity for paid work, was rejected from PIP causing her even more anxiety, just before covid. I was busy helping her appeal when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer, they very generously paid her it, after telling her she had less than 6 expected months of life left (the first she knew about this prognosis).

Pure callousness and doesn't even make sense. There are thousands who can't work because they can't get the treatment they need in a timely manner from the NHS. Fix the NHS, and I guarantee you would save more money than driving people to suicide over PIP. Well, maybe not on seconds thoughts, maybe that's the plan. 

It’s absolute, cold, calculated, Conservatism in its purest, most evil form. 

“Fuck you, I’ve got mine”. 

I despise these bastards in genuinely visceral way. 

• Like 5
  • Jaysus... 1

Genuine question here- how will Pig Fucker be held to account if he can’t face questions in Parliament? 

Not that I think he’ll be there more than a week or two as I reckon The Midget is about to face yet another Tory leadership challenge, but the point stands? 

• Jaysus... 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Genuine question here- how will Pig Fucker be held to account if he can’t face questions in Parliament? 

Not that I think he’ll be there more than a week or two as I reckon The Midget is about to face yet another Tory leadership challenge, but the point stands? 

There will be a “parliamentary spokesman for the foreign secretary” who will take questions on his behalf in the HoC. 

Going by todays events it could any one of a number of fuckin old Tory cunts 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_3184.jpeg

• Haha 1

Yeah, the procedure is different. But if anything there’s more scrutiny in some ways. As there’s less showboating and more emphasis on actually answering what you’re being asked. Peers decide amongst themselves who asks what rather than the speaker like in the commons too iirc. Although there isn’t time set aside for ministerial oral questions like there is in the commons iirc. It’s less high profile in terms of tv coverage too. I suspect he’ll be off swanning about the globe more than he’ll be in the Lords. He’s only got a few months of free foreign travel before the government gets kicked out anyway. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

There will be a “parliamentary spokesman for the foreign secretary” who will take questions on his behalf in the HoC. 

Going by todays events it could any one of a number of fuckin old Tory cunts 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_3184.jpeg

That’s the other thing, it’ll be one of the junior ministers deputising for him in the HoC when needed 

• Sad 1