Politics

Christmas Tree

17 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

They've got us EXACTLY where they want us, they continue to be an utter corrupt contemptible fucking disgrace and we now just "look for laughs".

They are absolutely taking the piss, grifting their arses off during the last months of power and openly laughing at us. And yet incredibly 25 to 30% of people would stil vote for them. 

• Like 3

Here are two GDP trend graphs, can you guess which one is the UK and which one is the US? The tories. Given us US style inequality with its attendent problems but not giving us US style growth.

I had a look at an inflation calculator today, out of interest I put in my salary for my first "proper" job in 2002 and calculated what the equivalent salary would be today. Turns out despite much more respnsibility and the equivalent of four grade promotions over the last 20 years, I am actually earnng the same as my 30 year old self. 

This country is fucked. 

image.png.9a089a20cca4a45f6e4f6c4f81771293.png

image.png.1e13c6df880ae0674e69dc06c6656cea.png

Edited by Renton

Really interesting figure that. Interesting to see in the NE we have the lowest GDP per capita out of any region in these countries, but not by a small amount, by a fucking huge amount. I think Sunak has given up on the farcical levelling up agenda and anyway lets be honest, most people are too thick to undestand what charts like this mean. 

I knew about how skewed wealth was in this country anyway, so not much a surprise, but of more interest here is how far below the others we are on average, even with London included. We are a poor country. And London is not wealthycompared with Munich, New York, and San Francisco. The latter is more than twice as wealthy as Los Angeles, obviously the impact of silicon valley. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I knew the NE was a deprived area but I had no idea we were worse off than some of the poorest states in the US. Some of those places have proper shanty towns.

Flying Sunderland University GIF by The University of Sunderland

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I knew the NE was a deprived area but I had no idea we were worse off than some of the poorest states in the US. Some of those places have proper shanty towns.

The NE is poorer than Poland now too. The decline in wealth of this country since 2010 and the increased inequality is fucking shocking tbh. But 30% of people still vote for these morons, and worse, claim to be patriots. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ve got fuck all sympathy for the stupid cunts who elected Tory MPs up here 

Thing is though, London is predominantly Labour anyway, but even if you look at the so called prosperous SE, you can see they are poorer than the national averages (including minus the most prosperous place) of all the other countries. Tories did this to our whole country, not just us, although we are worst affected. Yet they still vote for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I hope you’re still monitoring your HW temperatures young man :cuppa:

I've absolutely perfected it. Can't remember what the required temp was but my water comes out the tap at 1 degree hotter than it. LEGEEEEEND!

55 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've absolutely perfected it. Can't remember what the required temp was but my water comes out the tap at 1 degree hotter than it. LEGEEEEEND!

whereas if it was >5-10 degrees the risk of a non compliant reading would be further negated :cuppa: 

anyway, just had word that the Legionella find at Portland was a result of the actions of a highly motivated trade union member employee of the Home Office’s appointed maintenance contractor…. don’t fuck with us folks or we’ll shut you down too 🫵🏻😀

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Legionella on the Bibby Stockholm so everyone's been shifted off it. This fucking government are banana republic standard.

Fucking hell. i wonder if you did a true cost analysis of this fucking barge and compared it against just putting people up in shithole hotels how it would work out. Factor in all the expenses:

• Buying the barge and kitting it out, transport.
  • Cost of amenities (I heard today it has its own dentist).
  • Legal challenges, including possibly litigation for shit like this (and I dread to think what could happen if there was a fire).
  • Policing, as this place is a magnet for right wing fucknuts as well as lefty protestors. 
  • Etc.

At the same time, it would be nice if the tory cunts could explain how this can both be a deterrent and perfectly acceptable accomodation. Schroedinger's cunts. 

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

whereas if it was >5-10 degrees the risk of a non compliant reading would be further negated :cuppa: 

anyway, just had word that the Legionella find at Portland was a result of the actions a highly motivated trade union member employee of the Home Office’s appointed maintenance contractor…. don’t fuck with us folks or we’ll shut you down too 🫵🏻😀

“ Higlly Motivated” - goddamn lefty pinko commie woke bastards! 

Love it. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fucking hell. i wonder if you did a true cost analysis of this fucking barge and compared it against just putting people up in shithole hotels how it would work out. Factor in all the expenses:

• Buying the barge and kitting it out, transport.
  • Cost of amenities (I heard today it has its own dentist).
  • Legal challenges, including possibly litigation for shit like this (and I dread to think what could happen if there was a fire).
  • Policing, as this place is a magnet for right wing fucknuts as well as lefty protestors. 
  • Etc.

At the same time, it would be nice if the tory cunts could explain how this can both be a deterrent and perfectly acceptable accomodation. Schroedinger's cunts. 

image.png.196c70593fa9c80244677ea603bfe932.png

• Haha 5