Politics

Christmas Tree

29 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

His show was on the BBC or have I lost the plot? :lol:

He’s presented loads of stuff on BBC and has a show on radio 2 but this has been on 5 all the time. It’s the show that used to be The Wright Stuff before Matthew Wright left 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

I only discovered recently that Widdecombe is a proud virgin. :lol:

The original incel.

She should no sooner be asked her views on the economy than she should on orgasms, the dried up screechy old fucking hag.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

There are a lot here who do think every day will be sunny and a holiday, but then realise that it is a long way away (which is frankly a good thing most of the time :smile:).  
It's something you need to commit to, and understand that there are differences. 

Frankly, they can piss off, because they give the rest of us a bad name.  

Yep, as one of the convicts, I say he is most welcome to fuck off back to blighty if here isn't what he hoped it would be!

It's not like the rest of us are on a permanent bank holiday.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I only discovered recently that Widdecombe is a proud virgin. :lol:

The original incel.

She should no sooner be asked her views on the economy than she should on orgasms, the dried up screechy old fucking hag.

Did she turn you down ?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Not upsetting “middle England” ?? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty much Middle England in many ways and this potentially upsets me a lot. Until I actually bother reading the source material and lets just say the tweet is pretty disingenuous imo, though Reeve's fence sitting isn't great. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

Labour are locked in on this strategy now so I don't see the point in complaining anymore. I won't vote for them unless their manifesto convinces me that for all the damage they're currently enabling, they're actually going to be a net good via other factors. I have no real hope of that but we'll see where it goes.

I'd be really interested in comparing New Labour's general political position with the one Starmer appears to be taking up. I'm tempted to say the latter would be on the right of the former, but that's just speculation for now.

The "Fiscal constraints" Reeves keeps going on about are based on a trap the tories set for Labour but they've now embraced them and made them non-negotiable as she states. 

This simply means nothing will change apart from alleged better management of the same pie. 

No thanks. 

33 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Labour are locked in on this strategy now so I don't see the point in complaining anymore. I won't vote for them unless their manifesto convinces me that for all the damage they're currently enabling, they're actually going to be a net good via other factors. I have no real hope of that but we'll see where it goes.

I'd be really interested in comparing New Labour's general political position with the one Starmer appears to be taking up. I'm tempted to say the latter would be on the right of the former, but that's just speculation for now.

With the flag shagging, asbo clampdown, immigration, trans rights and economic policies they can't be described as anything other than centre-right at best. 

I would say Blair straddled the fence with some centre-left stuff as balance but Starmer has absolutely fucking nothing left of centre. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NJS said:

The "Fiscal constraints" Reeves keeps going on about are based on a trap the tories set for Labour but they've now embraced them and made them non-negotiable as she states. 

This simply means nothing will change apart from alleged better management of the same pie. 

No thanks. 

There are always constraints. Can you show me where she has defined these please? And where she has said she wouldn't abide by the teachers' pay review decision? Because I can't see it anywhere outside a tweet by "Stats for lefties", a group who are clearly as partisan as you on these issues. In fact, she seems to have said almost the opposite from what is implied on the Sunday shows (categorically opposed to "austerity 2" for instance). Ditto PL's tweet written by a contibutor to the Morning Star. I dislike dishonesty wherever I see it. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm unhappy about a hell of a lot of things Starmer represents and am massively underwhelmed by him as a leader. But I'm not going to take random tweets from partisan sources like these as gospel, who have a clear agenda against the party executive, as per. If Starmer jettisons Miliband, Nandy, and Lammy feel free to tell me you told me so. If he doesn't, don't forget to correct yourself either. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

That's got to be photoshopped. 

Screenshot_20230629_130940_Instagram.thumb.jpg.010f7b763b70a5505bdfaa7a0e52baf3.jpg

Don't ever make me have to go looking for that prick's Instagram again. That's a screenshot I've just taken of it. No photoshop, he's just a horrible little incompetent dwarf.