Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

So you’re saying when I said “so Ukraine should suck it up and cede territory” and you replied the above then that wasn’t denying it. I’m not scoring points I just get annoyed when people have a go by talking shite. The west can’t afford to let Russia get anything out of this because if they do they’ll do it again in 5-10 years. 

I responded because you're "suck it up and cede territory" line is a meaningless simplistic taunt, which is pointless in what is obviously a deeply complex situation.

So I'll ask you a question. Are you insisting on full restoration of Ukranian borders including Crimea?

Ok 2 questions. Can Ukraine defeat Russia militarily 

2 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I responded because you're "suck it up and cede territory" line is a meaningless simplistic taunt, which is pointless in what is obviously a deeply complex situation.

So I'll ask you a question. Are you insisting on full restoration of Ukranian borders including Crimea?

Ok 2 questions. Can Ukraine defeat Russia militarily 

Yes but it will take a long time and lots of support 

6 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

So we spend possibly years in this war until Ukraine has regained all its land, and then what happens?

Then that shows Russia and others they can’t just invade and steal countries. If we don’t it will happen again.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Then that shows Russia and others they can’t just invade and steal countries. If we don’t it will happen again.

To be honest I think we already have shown Russia that to an extent that they would certainly expect the same response in the future.

I think after Putin annexed Crimea and received very little pushback or consequences he though he would get the same response this time.

I also don't know if Putin would have started this invasion if he knew then how strongly the West would react.

Even if/when we ever get to the stage of Ukraine militarily retaking all its land there still has to be some sort of negotiated peace. All the better to negotiate before the country is completely destroyed

Christ man, Corbyn is such a sixth form A level politics student failure. Reminds me of once having a political discussion with my mate's Dad. His wife interrupted and just said something completely banal like "Why can't we all just have peace and get on with each other?". We just looked at each other and laughed.

Putin HAS to be defeated imo. I don't know when that will happen, or what the mechanism will be, but they have to give back territory gained since the war last year. And Ryssia should be maximally sanctioned until they also cede Crimea, even with Putin gone. The Russian economy is actually completely fucked now, we hold our nerve and they will capitulate. We are ahead of schedule on weaning ouraelves off their fossil fuels, forever. We keep doing what we are doing. 

China is a much bigger problem ultimately mind. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Is it though. Its still the biggest grain producer, 2nd biggest gas producer and 3rd biggest oil producer in the world. Even if the West is stops buying totally the rest of the world wont

Yes, it is. There isn't the infrastructure to export their gas to the East. Their oil production is nowhere near as efficient as countries like Saudi, and although China and India will buy it (after inefficient shipping), this is at a discount. I don't think they're the biggest grain producers and not sure we need them for this. There's a moratorium on vital technology imports and they're facing catastrophic brain drain will hundreds of thousands of economically acrive people emigrating tout suite.

Anyway, there are countless articles on the state of the Russian economy. It's not sustainable and they are looking at a lost generation or more. There's never been a more clear cut apportioning 9f blame for a conflict, and all that blame lies with Russia and Putin. He must lose, and be seen to lose. 

• Like 3

Just seen this. Johnson doing his bit not only to take down Sunak but also the whole notion of an honours system which is now even more plainly ridiculous. Well done you fat odious cunt. 

Apparently he’s done absolutely fuck all in the way of MP work since he left no. 10. 

Edited by Alex

The loony wing of the Tory party is trying to get an Urgent Question this afternoon re Sue Gray. :lol:

Let's get these fucking fruit loops out in the open chatting pure shite on the record, please. 

12 hours ago, Renton said:

Yes, it is. There isn't the infrastructure to export their gas to the East. Their oil production is nowhere near as efficient as countries like Saudi, and although China and India will buy it (after inefficient shipping), this is at a discount. I don't think they're the biggest grain producers and not sure we need them for this. There's a moratorium on vital technology imports and they're facing catastrophic brain drain will hundreds of thousands of economically acrive people emigrating tout suite.

Anyway, there are countless articles on the state of the Russian economy. It's not sustainable and they are looking at a lost generation or more. There's never been a more clear cut apportioning 9f blame for a conflict, and all that blame lies with Russia and Putin. He must lose, and be seen to lose. 

Interestingly this popped into my feed this morning

not trying to prove you wrong btw, just thought it was an interesting coincidence

• Like 2

There was a very terse message re: Gray leaving from Alex Chisholm without all of the usual ‘thank you and good luck’ stuff. Clearly quite a surprising and rapid turn of events. 

4 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Interestingly this popped into my feed this morning

not trying to prove you wrong btw, just thought it was an interesting coincidence

Funnily enough, I've just watched a youtube video on my feed which delved into these data a bit more. I wonder if revenue here is profit, I don't think it is. Since February, the West has capped the cost of Russian oil to $60 a barrel. Whilst most western countries are completely avoiding Russian oil at this stage, this cap de facto applies to all companies as the West has control over shipping via insurance. It costs the Russians $40 to produce a barrel, which they can now sell at a maximum profit of $20, but is in practice even less, as the Indians and Chinese have them over the proverbial and literal barrel.

I'm by no means an expert in macroeconomics and this could all be bullshit, or their could be other factors that are not accounted for, but apprently most analysts say it will be 2024 befor Russia is properly fucked economically and at this point the natives will get restless. I hope so and I hope Ukraine can hold on. 

How are we as taxpayers funding the Home Office and Herr Vileness to produce this propaganda? It's fucking outrageous. 

As for the issues, have any of these cunts yet adressed how a person can claim asylum in the UK legally, as is their fundamental human right, enshrined in the ECHR, of which the UK was a key founder? Remember that Commons select meeting where Braverman couldn't answer that very question and embarassed herself before handing it over to a civil servant? It's not been resolved, has it? 

They set up the ECJ as the bogeyman, and got us removed from that, although they are still whinging about it re: NI. The country is now in a bigger mess than ever, so we have asylum seekers, the ECHR, and lefty lawyers as the new bogeyman. This isn't going to end well, is it? Still nearly 2 years left. 

And....

image.png.368434e927843c59f2fad10df3461a3f.png

What does this rhetoric remind me of? Oh yeah, 1930s Germany which ended in the greatest tragedy to mankind in recorded history. Still, I think we set up a court to protect human rights following this, to stop it happening again. I can't for the life of me remember what its called though? 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

If the tories could cast a spell which stopped all small boats overnight and magiced away all trans people (let's not be nasty and say they were sent to a parallel universe where people aren't cunts) does anyone think for one second they'd do it? 

Of course not - as they'd have the square root of fuck all to attempt to fight the next election on. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJS said:

If the tories could cast a spell which stopped all small boats overnight and magiced away all trans people (let's not be nasty and say they were sent to a parallel universe where people aren't cunts) does anyone think for one second they'd do it? 

Of course not - as they'd have the square root of fuck all to attempt to fight the next election on. 

Not until they had the next culture war or hate campaign lined up, no.