Politics

Christmas Tree

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, I know, but you said it there, the "illusion of control". Her views are incompatible with most of those of the cabinnet, but she is not the type of person to back down, she's a full swivel eyed loon. Couyldn't eeven work with Truss ffs, why is it going to get better now? I think this government will turn out to be much more unstable than you anticipate. 

I'm not really anticipating anything, certainly with respect of stability - other than, I suppose, that I don't think the whole thing collapses before a GE. That's the only position I have on it really.

All I'm saying with that previous post is that he will have given her that position to try to deal with the instability. Whether it works or not, I've no real view - more concerned about austerity than anything else.

I see we're also seeing the same CCHQ controlled bull shit stock in trade responses. Hunt and Cleverly both said almost verbatim the same thing when challnged by reporters about Braverman. PMQ will be the usual shite. 

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

This is being used as a pub quiz name this evening  :lol:

1. The girl doing the quiz was a former competitor in big brother 2015 apparently. A half Sri Lankan Dundonian called Sam Kay 

https://instagram.com/samkay_fitness?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2. Gazza staggered into the bar half way through the quiz. I didn’t touch his cock this time. He saw some lads who looked as if they might be able to get him

some ching and disappeared with them. 

3. We won the quiz due to getting 23/24 in the music round which was exclusively answered by our next door neighbour Laura who has two degrees (Film and Nursing) and PE teacher/LTA employee Michelle. This was made an even greater achievement by the fact that said aforementioned X factor bird sang the songs that we had get the title and performer(s) for and only a few bars at that :)

We’re going again next week, if we win I’ll be doing a thread that I will update every Wednesday morning :cuppa:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

1. The girl doing the quiz was a former competitor in big brother 2015 apparently. A half Sri Lankan Dundonian called Sam Kay 

https://instagram.com/samkay_fitness?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2. Gazza staggered into the bar half way through the quiz. I didn’t touch his cock this time. He saw some lads who looked as if they might be able to get him

some ching and disappeared with them. 

3. We won the quiz due to getting 23/24 in the music round which was exclusively answered by our next door neighbour Laura who has two degrees (Film and Nursing) and PE teacher/LTA employee Michelle. This was made an even greater achievement by the fact that said aforementioned X factor bird sang the songs that we had get the title and performer(s) for and only a few bars at that :)

We’re going again next week, if we win I’ll be doing a thread that I will update every Wednesday morning :cuppa:

Someone needs to tell that dopey fuck not to hold her phone in front of her face when she does her mirror selfies. :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Not sure why everybody is so surprised by Braverman coming in. Sunak promised to double down on the Rwanda policy, he is a genuine long term Brexit nutter, he is as far right a PM as we have ever had, both economically and socially. Him and Braverman are in total lockstep

And his rule will be one of terror and death, based on his stated aims.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

This needs further explanation please and thank you. 

I had to undo the buttons on his flies in the toilet of another boozer last summer because he was too pissed to do it himself and I wasn’t going to see him literally piss himself in public… I did re count this episode on this esteemed forum at the time :cuppa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Not sure why everybody is so surprised by Braverman coming in. Sunak promised to double down on the Rwanda policy, he is a genuine long term Brexit nutter, he is as far right a PM as we have ever had, both economically and socially. Him and Braverman are in total lockstep

Because the biggest impediement we have to growth currently is not enough immigration. Tou can't fudge this issue to the OBR.

Braverman is against all immigration from what I can tell, including from India. Sunak will certainly favour immigration from the subcontinent. More generally, I don't think Braverman and Sunak are in the same camps at all. Patel would have been a more logical choice on policy alignement I think, but then yes, it's all politics. 

It's just dawned on me that Sunak nods his head and looks all around when speaking not too dissimilar to Kermit the Frog :lol:

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I had to undo the buttons on his flies in the toilet of another boozer last summer because he was too pissed to do it himself and I wasn’t going to see him literally piss himself in public… I did re count this episode on this esteemed forum at the time :cuppa:

Now that you mention it, this rings a bell…

…end. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I suspect there was concern if it went to the membership and Johnson wasn't on the ticket the members were likely to gravitate towards Mourdant than then bloke they feel stuck the knife in Johnson's back. 

As has been said several times, it's party first, country second. 

Self first, party second, country a couple of laps back 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

If I was Starmer I'd also bring up the levelling up Tunbridge Wells video too. In fact I would do that every single PMQ. I think that video is incredibly damaging for him. 

It's as though Stamer was reading this :lol:

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's just dawned on me that Sunak nods his head and looks all around when speaking not too dissimilar to Kermit the Frog :lol:

Christian Bale Nodding GIF

• Haha 4

So Sunak has just said he was being honest about changing funding formulas to benefit Tunbridge Wells. I think that's a mistake. 

Honestly, Labour have so much ammo with thich to fight the tories now it's unreal, plus they have Led by Donkeys as an unofficial PR firm.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

So Sunak has just said he was being honest about changing funding formulas to benefit Tunbridge Wells. I think that's a mistake. 

Honestly, Labour have so much ammo with thich to fight the tories now it's unreal, plus they have Led by Donkeys as an unofficial PR firm.

Led by Donkeys do incredible work but I do sometimes wonder if they're preaching to the choir. Does it go in to the ears of the dispassionate general public? It's well done so I hope it does.

Honesty from Sunak is welcome but he'll get no points for it on this issue. Equally though, maybe he means diverting money away from already Labour voting areas? Just a continuation of longstanding Tory policy to reward the areas that vote for them with more money?

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Led by Donkeys do incredible work but I do sometimes wonder if they're preaching to the choir. Does it go in to the ears of the dispassionate general public? It's well done so I hope it does.

Honesty from Sunak is welcome but he'll get no points for it on this issue. Equally though, maybe he means diverting money away from already Labour voting areas? Just a continuation of longstanding Tory policy to reward the areas that vote for them with more money?

Didn’t he admit that he was manipulating the levelling up agenda so that it went to well off places though? I get that may well have always been the intention. But bragging about it in public then doubling down on that is different. I think he’s only being honest because he got caught on camera