Politics

Christmas Tree

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

Peston is bored. He's noticed that each PM has a different podium and is questioning whether they design them themselves. Yeah, it's like light-sabres :lol:

Image Rishi Sunak vows to fix 'mistakes' of Liz Truss and warns of 'economic  crisis' | The Scotsman

We not seeing the full picture of Sunak’s because the base is wider than the pillar is tall? 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well fair enough I guess, we're not really disagreeing, just expressing things differently. I really think you deserve to take my board crown as the glass half full person on here rather than me, it's a mantle I have long wanted to lose having battled with my own personal depression problems!

For the record, I do agree the tories have gone down the best road available to themselves here. I do agree we are getting more austerity, and that Labour will not even reverse this. I agree  that Starmer is not interested in constitutional change, and therefore frankly I am not arsed in helping out with the party on a personal level like I have in the past (having 2 kids, an ill mother, and full time job not helping there either). I do agree the UK is in a shit place and I don't see anyway out in the short or medium term. But if I've learned anyhting, there is no point in beating yoursef up about things you can't change. Look after yourself mate. 

Rayvin is so fucked off he’s not even said sorry. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Suppose it's also fitting that Truss' podium looks like a jenga tower in a state of imminent collapse. Foreshadowing.

It's almost like it can't make its mind up which direction its facing. Much like the person who stood behind it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Nail a KFC tray to one of these. 

U7EY0-ksNjN2pu8Hg4uf_-m7qPrtBBrqaeU7WwPx

Wouldn’t need to last too long. 

That'd just about cover one of her legs.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well fair enough I guess, we're not really disagreeing, just expressing things differently. I really think you deserve to take my board crown as the glass half full person on here rather than me, it's a mantle I have long wanted to lose having battled with my own personal depression problems!

For the record, I do agree the tories have gone down the best road available to themselves here. I do agree we are getting more austerity, and that Labour will not even reverse this. I agree  that Starmer is not interested in constitutional change, and therefore frankly I am not arsed in helping out with the party on a personal level like I have in the past (having 2 kids, an ill mother, and full time job not helping there either). I do agree the UK is in a shit place and I don't see anyway out in the short or medium term. But if I've learned anyhting, there is no point in beating yoursef up about things you can't change. Look after yourself mate. 

I appreciate this post. Not sure I would claim to be depressed per se but I have a very dim outlook at present. That said, I don't feel like I'm going out of my way to look at things negatively, I'm just trying to make sense of what I can see as best I can. And yes, there's speculation on my side here too in fairness - I speculate that the Tories will derive some success from narratives, given that they have some capability to set and impose such things around their policy directions in a way that Labour seem utterly incapable of emulating. That's my 'negative assumption', I suppose.

Agree on Starmer, Labour and everything else.

Also, I'm really not in a state of handbags with you atm for all it might appear that way, I'm just tired and resigned to this shit. Sorry for my rudeness earlier (have to throw this in, it's a crowd pleaser).

• Like 2

Really? Guess Braverman might be the totem to the ERG but if this is true it doesn't bide well for the government imo. I mean it's a problem when people piss outside onto your tent, but she is going to shit inside it. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Really? Guess Braverman might be the totem to the ERG but if this is true it doesn't bide well for the government imo. I mean it's a problem when people piss outside onto your tent, but she is going to shit inside it. 

I don't know why she would want to go back to the Home Office when an increase to immigration numbers is inevitable. 

He's creating his first problem for himself here too cos people will ask why she's back in the job if, by her own admission, she had to resign for her mistake last week. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

If she's offered, and then accepts a position in Sunak's cabinet then her resignation was fuck all to do with 'doing the morally right thing' and everything to do with a protest against Truss. Just fess up you sour, chinless cunt.

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

If she's offered, and then accepts a position in Sunak's cabinet then her resignation was fuck all to do with 'doing the morally right thing' and everything to do with a protest against Truss. Just fess up you sour, chinless cunt.

We already knew that. She was sacked in effect