Politics

Christmas Tree

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The same poll has Johnson on 63% so there's definitely an overlap with people who support both.

There's roughly 200,000 Tory party members. Some of those would see a leadership election as Brown vs White/Indian vs British. There's probably some overlap in that group with people too old to use a computer to vote, so it may even itself out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

At least we can all agree how amusing it was for Johnson to cut short his holiday, fly half way across the world to regain the keys to No.10 and then fail miserably.

This is the succinct response I found myself totally agreeing with.

image.png.daac20f9902d6df66fc30c676533eecc.png

51 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The reason we need a general election:

1 - Majority of Tory MPs want Sunak in charge

2 - Majority of Tory party members don't want a brown man in charge 

If Penny M scrapes the 100 vote threshold then she's got a decent chance of becoming Truss 2.0

the right of the party membership will support her if it goes to a vote but she isn’t as mental as Truss. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the right of the party membership will support her if it goes to a vote but she isn’t as mental as Truss. 

I meant in the sense that 2/3rds of her MPs didn't want her and would be working against her from day one 

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Has anyone heard of a single policy from either candidate? The entire thing seems to be about who has the best chance of winning a GE rather than what might be best for the country.

No. Also worth noting they claim they have a mandate even though neither were in government in 2019, because the manifesto is a document, not a person. But I think both would keep Hunt who has ripped up that manifesto. And then with levelling up, we know how Sunak feels about it. He supports ACTIVELY levelling down, reversing Labour's levelling up of previous years. I guess though the only policy from either is to constantly firefight and survive somehow. 

Edited by Renton

Richy Sunak. 

His out-of-touchness is going to be a problem for him, doubtless. Ironically though it could be a good thing, making him less susceptible to corruption for personal gain. I can't see anyway of the tories spinning that though because of what it implies. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Sunak has >50% of nominations already. Mordaunt continuing is a big mistake for the tories imo. 

I don't see how she continue on when it's clear she doesn't have the back of the majority of her parliamentary party. Unless she has a bloc of votes coming from the likes on the ERG and it's much tighter than we think. Then again Tories gonna Tory.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't see how she continue on when it's clear she doesn't have the back of the majority of her parliamentary party. Unless she has a bloc of votes coming from the likes on the ERG and it's much tighter than we think. Then again Tories gonna Tory.

Just another useless tosser driven by ego, not the good of her country or even her party. 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some Johnson backers have silently given her their vote. Especially the ones that don't want a coronation like Dorries, Rees Mogg etc. There'll be some horror shows from that group siding with her for jobs too. 

ERG statement at 12. Would be a canny spanner in the works if they sided with her, unless they framed it as in the name of democracy.

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some Johnson backers have silently given her their vote. Especially the ones that don't want a coronation like Dorries, Rees Mogg etc. There'll be some horror shows from that group siding with her for jobs too. 

ERG statement at 12. Would be a canny spanner in the works if they sided with her, unless they framed it as in the name of democracy.

According to the Guido site, 14 of Johnson's backers have publicly shifted to Sunak, 2 to Mordaunt. 

I'm sure Johnson had 76 backers on there when his statement came out. So thats 60 still to declare the direction in which they're going. She's currently got 30.

It truth, it really should be put to the members tbh (the cunts), what is any party without the members, however despicable they are.

Edit - I mean it should be a GE, but as it's not it should go to the racist wankers

Edited by Toonpack