Politics

Christmas Tree

Even the Guido spreasheet has Johnson nowhere near 100 backers:

Sunak: 143

Johnson: 75

Mordaunt: 27

At 21:20 on Friday evening, Johnson has 68 backers. So he's gained only 7 in 36 hours. He's going to be pulled up before the final hurdle - no fucking way with that narcissistic cunt allow himself to be defeated, he'll claim he was never planning to run in the first place. 

And the bonus will be the likes of Rees-Mogg, Dorries, Patel, Wallace and Zahawi all look like fucking morons! 

Seeing as most Tory MPs, in a brief moment of clarity, can see Jonson would be a fuckin disaster if only due to the privileges investigation, does Mordaunt  stand a chance now, getting votes from those who’d never vote for Sunak? :cuppa:

25 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Seeing as most Tory MPs, in a brief moment of clarity, can see Jonson would be a fuckin disaster if only due to the privileges investigation, does Mordaunt  stand a chance now, getting votes from those who’d never vote for Sunak? :cuppa:

I wondered that. Her performance on LK this morning though was abysmal, another Truss in waiting. 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

If she comes second then surely she’d withdraw rather than taking it to the membership?

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Given their aversion to the tanned, I’d say that was her best chance of winning. 

Yeah, but then again iirc there will be an indicative vote. If she can't command a majority of MPs she should withdraw (appreciating Johnson won't in that scenario). 

Steve Baker and the ERG not supporting Johnson surely makes it difficult for him to have the required numbers. His saying he has when he hasn’t absolutely fits with his way of operating too. 

• Like 1

Daft thing is he won’t give a fuck if it kills the party for good. Which it hopefully will and very well might. Yet the members will still fucking lap

it up. I think he’s nailed on to win at this point. And if Sunak had anything about him he’d resign the whip of a party whose members don’t like him purely because of the colour of his skin. Buckle in, lads 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Apparently he got 102 votes.

I don't even believe this. He's still only got 50-odd declared. 

What a lying fucking sad sack he is. 

Chorley is having the time of his life ripping the piss out of all the dicks who've spent the last 48 hours taken in by this fucking charlatan all over again. 

It'll be absolutely consequence free from a career perspective, I'm sure, but I fucking love that 50-odd of them have once again debased themselves in service of this con artist.

Rees Mogg and Zahawi are a couple of decent catches. Simon Clarke too. Just genuinely worthless careerist bellends. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It'll be absolutely consequence free from a career perspective, I'm sure, but I fucking love that 50-odd of them have once again debased themselves in service of this con artist.

Rees Mogg and Zahawi are a couple of decent catches. Simon Clarke too. Just genuinely worthless careerist bellends. 

watch them suddenly believe Sunak is the best thing since sliced bread.

• Like 2

Austerity 2.0 then and 2 solid years of it. Tories to close the gap by 11 points as soon as it goes through.

Argument will be - "Rishi spent money to save the country from the pandemic, he's managing the markets now, but he's telling you that he needs to cut back on spending now. It's like your household budget you see..." And people will eat it the fuck up because a household budget is something they understand, and economics is not.

I hope the 'Labour win either way crowd' are right.

• Like 1

Sunak won't unite the party. He is hated by the right. I mean viscerally so. The tories are in a world of shit still, although I'd agree might escape the complete oblivion that Johnson would have entailed. One "advantage" of the tories continuing longer is the cost of living crisis will hit them harder. I don't think everybody realises how bad this is going to be. 

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Austerity 2.0 then and 2 solid years of it. Tories to close the gap by 11 points as soon as it goes through.

Argument will be - "Rishi spent money to save the country from the pandemic, he's managing the markets now, but he's telling you that he needs to cut back on spending now. It's like your household budget you see..." And people will eat it the fuck up because a household budget is something they understand, and economics is not.

I hope the 'Labour win either way crowd' are right.

This is just nonsense. People always vote with their pockets. Which will be very empty.

I reckon they'll rally around him because they always do.

Cost of living crisis plus austerity. Maybe we'll have all starved to death by the time of the next GE, that could be their plan.