Politics

Christmas Tree

We really do, and I believe I say these earnestly even with my innate bias, need a general election. The people need it, politics needs it, even the Tories need it. They need to spend the next 5 years working out what the hell their party is even doing anymore, it's becoming increasingly clear that they can't do this on the fly. Their MPs need to dig deep, remember that the point of them being there is "public service" and get the fuck out of the way of the nation's governance.

I've said it before but they are at this point a domestic terrorist organization powered by incompetence. Stand the fuck down, Conservative Party.

• Like 3

Sunak won't declare until he knows Johnson can't get 100 as he knows membership won't vote for the brown guy, and there's this:

Edited by Toonpack

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

We really do, and I believe I say these earnestly even with my innate bias, need a general election. The people need it, politics needs it, even the Tories need it. They need to spend the next 5 years working out what the hell their party is even doing anymore, it's becoming increasingly clear that they can't do this on the fly. Their MPs need to dig deep, remember that the point of them being there is "public service" and get the fuck out of the way of the nation's governance.

I've said it before but they are at this point a domestic terrorist organization powered by incompetence. Stand the fuck down, Conservative Party.

There was even an unnamed Tory MP quoted at some point week this week saying they need a period in opposition. It might do them less lasting damage than another 18 months of civil war 

• Like 1

Just now, Rayvin said:

I agree but they’re largely only in it for themselves. The only scenario I see it happening in is the aforementioned Johnson back in and then the party tearing itself apart. Which could quite possibly be only a matter of days were 20 or 30 to resign the whip. And while  Johnson returning mildly terrifies me, I think what I’ve just described is the best scenario. Putting aside the fact I fucking hate them, that’s a truly dreadful state of affairs when that’s what’s probably best for the country 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I agree but they’re largely only in it for themselves. The only scenario I see it happening in is the aforementioned Johnson back in and then the party tearing itself apart. Which could quite possibly be only a matter of days were 20 or 30 to resign the whip. And while  Johnson returning mildly terrifies me, I think what I’ve just described is the best scenario. Putting aside the fact I fucking hate them, that’s a truly dreadful state of affairs when that’s what’s probably best for the country 

Johnson could also be found guilty of lying to parliament by the standards Committee, which could trigger a suspension,  which could trigger a by-election I doubt he'd win. 

The only thing I am certain of now is the conservative party will pick the worst options for themselves and the country. I hate these cunts, fortunately that is now becoming the prevailing feeling for everyone 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So then if Johnson gets the 100, he's going to be the only one on the ticket?

Possibly, although I imagine enough Sunak voters would switch to Mardaunt? Does anyone know much about Penny "Dormant" btw? Feedback seems to be she is as useless as Truss albeit a better communicator.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Possibly, although I imagine enough Sunak voters would switch to Mardaunt? Does anyone know much about Penny "Dormant" btw? Feedback seems to be she is as useless as Truss albeit a better communicator.

Electoral calculus has him down to lose his seat by a huge margin

So let's see. We get a Johnson coronation. About 10 of his party immediately denounce the whip but he survives. But he is then found guilty of lying to parliament and is suspended. His constituents force a by election. He loses.  Then we have a GE and the conservative party cease to exist. 

I'll be happy with that.

Edited by Renton

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

The only concern with that is the suspension thing is so obviously in front of him, why is it not being seen by those voting for him?

They'll reckon they can quash it.

• Like 1