Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I'm still shocked there isn't a mass protest lined up to demand a GE.

It would be an absolute circus if BoJo got back in (even more than it is now)

Imagine if this was Germany or France?

• Like 2

Having watched a couple of Mordaunt's recent exchanges at the dispatch box, I'm surprised more Tories aren't getting behind her. Ignoring her political standing, she is impressive in debate. 

On reflection I kinda get the point Rayvin was making last night - she probably would be the greatest threat to Labour getting in at the next GE. I think Johnson, and by association Sunak as well are tainted by what's gone on the past 3 years.

• Like 1

All these back peddling arseholes who resigned in July but are now backing Johnson are going to look pretty fucking stupid if he chooses not to put his name forward. Caroline Johnson is the latest one.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Check the responses to this one. Twitter is a human sewer. 

I read 3 replies and then closed the page. It's making me angry.

• Like 1

Latest Guido figures:

Sunak - 5 short of threshold

Johnson - 32 short of threshold

Mordaunt - 75 short of threshold

Still to indicate - 169

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

We barely mention the war for the last 70 years, and this is how they repay us. 

😂

Edited by trophyshy
  • Haha 1

I think they're fucked whatever they do. What a great look it would be if Sunak ends on c.180 and Johnson just creeps over 100 but Sunak fails to declare because he knows he'll lose with the members. 

In fact, let this happen, because it shows the whole process up for what it is. 

Raab has spoken out against Johnson. I think when you don't have the support of your former deputy, that's significant.

I'm actually warming to @Rayvin's pov here. Johnson will blow the party up before Christmas as it looks like he lacks key support. 

• Like 2