Politics

Christmas Tree

10 minutes ago, scoobos said:

I meant the peddlers of lies should be punished.

what alternative to democracy would you like, other than campaigners run campaigns and people vote on which one they are allied to?

Nothing is factual , everything is opinion. You are allowed to believe in survival of the fittest, you are allowed to believe in collectism , it's a personal thing. 

But saying people cant vote because they are "stupid" is oppressive and more in line with a totalitarian regime !

Not saying they shouldn't vote because they're stupid, I'm saying they shouldn't be allowed to vote until they're informed and prepared to vote based on assessment of evidence. We are all capable of that, no one is too stupid to do so.

Not all opinions are equal. Some are logically thought out and well evidenced, others are ignorant and baseless.

I would like an identical version of democracy but one where politicians are shot (literally) for being found to lie, where the press are sued for misrepresentations of the truth, and where more effort is given to teaching people how their society works, how politics works, and what they're voting for.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Blind voting. You don't for a party, or a leader. The manifesto pledges are on the ballot, you check the promise you like. Party with the most backing for promises wins, and if they fail to deliver on those promises they're dropped off in the Jungle and fed Kangaroo arsehole.

This is also a good idea and last I checked would have us led by the Greens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Free press my arse. With  vanishingly small exceptions it's bought and paid for far right propaganda

Exactly my feelings, an eye for an eye and the world goes blind.

For me, the Guardian has sometimes behaved like the Mail, just on the other side of the spectrum, like how it reports BoE spent 65bn on Bonds.. Misinformation just allows the opposition to discredit you.

Telling the truth is what they should be doing. "The BoE has had to earmark up to 3bn a day for 21 days, and has spent 6bn in the last 48 hours, due to this mini budget" - why isnt that damaging enough? why do they have to twist the truth to "65bn spent"? It just discredits what is a very damaging fact.

• Like 1

Jeremy Hunt is the new chancellor…. this is a plan to take advantage of Tuss’s weakness by her opponents in the Tory party but how long do they think they’re going to keep her there as the worst electoral disadvantage in the history of fuckin recorded time :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Are you saying she is an official BOBFOC then Rents?

I mean man, her face isn't that bad even. It's just you can sense the void where the soul should be, and that personbally makes me flaccid as a skipping rope.  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I keep trying not to think about it but truss has a lovely pair of knockers.

As women of a certain age go she’s not exactly hot but if you were back at the hotel after the sales conference and at the bar , tie off , having a late one you’d definitely chance your arm with her :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 7

Just now, PaddockLad said:

As women of a certain age go she’s not exactly hot but if you were back at the hotel after the sales conference and at the bar , tie off , having a late one at the bar you’d definitely chance your arm with her :cuppa:

Nailed. 

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I would like an identical version of democracy but one where politicians are shot (literally) for being found to lie, where the press are sued for misrepresentations of the truth, and where more effort is given to teaching people how their society works, how politics works, and what they're voting for.

Apart from the shooting bit, which is a bit silly and totalitarian again - this is far more sensible than dissalowing anyone a vote and calling it democracy.