Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, spongebob toonpants said:

So first Truss vs Starmer PMQs today

What a battle of the personality vacuums we have in store.

It's going to more wooden than Prudhoe Timber

Howay man, although Starmer doesn't have much natural charisma, its a bit much calling him a personality vacuum, let alone making any comparison with Truss. I think Truss will be so bad it will be a funny listen personally. 

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Howay man, although Starmer doesn't have much natural charisma, its a bit much calling him a personality vacuum, let alone making any comparison with Truss. I think Truss will be so bad it will be a funny listen personally. 

I reckon Starmer will be terrified of being accused of bullying or mansplaining so will be even more aneamic than usual.

Truss will obviously just be an embarrassment, though no doubt cheered to the rafters for this week at least.

I will no doubt listen because I hate myself

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

'How could anyone possibly do the job better than me? A job I've been doing for two months after being sacked from the same job last year.'

I don't know Johnny, maybe start by not making multiple public appearances in support of an ex-soldier who shot and killed a young man with learning disabilities in the back.

Aye. Mercer’s a cunt. Perhaps relatively less so than most of the rest of the party but that really isn’t saying anything at all

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I reckon Starmer will be terrified of being accused of bullying or mansplaining so will be even more aneamic than usual.

Truss will obviously just be an embarrassment, though no doubt cheered to the rafters for this week at least.

Me too. :lol:

Yeah, I can see the Daily Mail et al. bringing up the bullying line or accusing Starmer of Mysogny, be interesting if he changes his style because of this. I'm not sure he has to, tbh. Also nae fucker except us self haters listens to or reports this shit anyway. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

He should accuse her of opening her legs and flashing her biffer to put him off.…

• Haha 3

Sweepstake on how long after Blackford gets on his feet he mentions a 2nd Independence Referendum? :lol:

Actually, is he the only party leader to have pre-dated Johnson's premiership? 

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Sweepstake on how long after Blackford gets on his feet he mentions a 2nd Independence Referendum? :lol:

Actually, is he the only party leader to have pre-dated Johnson's premiership? 

Apparently Truss is now the sole surviving minister from Cameron's days, which is quite incredible. 

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Well they've got 2 years, let's see how they get on. 

It's repeating the same mistake that Johnson made. No way will Truss survive unchallenged for 2 years, the party is imploding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Apparently Truss is now the sole surviving minister from Cameron's days, which is quite incredible. 

I still find the notion of 4 Prime Ministers from the same party in a little over a parliamentary term utterly nuts.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's repeating the same mistake that Johnson made. No way will Truss survive unchallenged for 2 years, the party is imploding. 

Agreed, this cabinet will be even more off the rails than Johnson's, and Johnson got a huge (undeserved) covid dividend where lots of people thought he was doing a good job for a bit. 

Truss won't get that, her cabinet will do wacky shit, and she has none of the Johnson big majority protection factor. 

She's gonna be a fucking disaster and it's gonna unravel fast, I reckon. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Wasn't Ben Wallace in charge of Northern Ireland under Cameron?

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

I still find the notion of 4 Prime Ministers from the same party in a little over a parliamentary term utterly nuts.

They're the Sunderland of political parties. 

Short lived and incompetently replaced managers, paedo scandals, Brexit backing, inflated sense of self regard, etc.

• Haha 6

Of the 7 candidates who went up against her for the Tory leadership, she's appointed 5 in her cabinet. Only Sunak and Hunt, who was the only one eliminated NOT to then go and endorse Truss have been left out. 

Was listening to Radio 4 last night and they had Anna Soubry on. She made a telling distinction when comparisons were being drawn between Thatcher and Truss:

"Margaret Thatcher was clever. She surrounded herself with people across the entire Conservative spectrum from Norman Tebbitt on the extreme right to Ken Clarke and Michael Heseltine at the opposite end of the scale. She knew she had to in order to succeed. Liz Truss has talked consistently about 'uniting the party', yet she's surrounding herself with her people only. It won't end well."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

They're the Sunderland of political parties. 

Short lived and incompetently replaced managers, paedo scandals, Brexit backing, inflated sense of self regard, etc.

Tories 'Til We Die.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is what the two year campaign to get Truss into no. 10 was all about….

And this will be her downfall. She was never one of the headbangers but she let them do the dirty work to get her where she is now. Instead of trying to unite the party she's pretty much let the ERG take over government while ignoring the fact that she has excluded large swathes of the more 'moderate' parliamentary party who are now going to have it in for her from day one. On the other side she'll have people in government not afraid to throw their toys out of the pram if she doesn't let them get their way.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Craig said:

He was a junior minister for NI under Cameron. Not that even being Secretary of State for NI counts given no one ever wants the job or does it when they do have it.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Craig said:

Maybe, its just what I heard on the radio. It was probably referring to the first Cameron cabinet (2010 intake), think Wallace might have become a minister later? Regardless, the attrition rate in the government, including the top job, is ridiculous. Good job we didn't get an even more unstable government under Miliband. 

Soubry is spot on there. In all this, have we forgotten that fucking Jacob Rees Mogg has been appointed as minister for business, energy and industrial strategy? :lol: I mean you have to laugh or you'll cry. Caroline Lucas take:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Soubry is spot on there. In all this, have we forgotten that fucking Jacob Rees Mogg has been appointed as minister for business, energy and industrial strategy? :lol: I mean you have to laugh or you'll cry. Caroline Lucas take:

i noticed Ed Miliband tweeting last night that he was looking forward to working with him and that he hoped he’d remember we were in the 2020’s not the 1820’s 😁

• Haha 2