Politics

Christmas Tree

48 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

100 billion. Furlough cost 69 billion. So when inflation hits it’s predicted 20% peak  next year how much will they have to borrow to cover next winters heating bills?   … no word from Labour about energy market reform, well quel fuckin surprise :cuppa:

Did I read somewhere that our international credit rating is now trashed and we are effectively paying the equivalent of the NHS on interest repayments? Are we at any risk of heading down the Venezuela route here, or was it only Corbyn who could do that?

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The £100bn projected is for a two year freeze, so it covers next winter too. Also inflation won't hit 20% if they freeze energy costs. Not sure what it will get to though. 

Even if it gets to 15% thaslts 15% more next September than this. Labour’s price freeze plan is 29 billion for 6 months..

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Did I read somewhere that our international credit rating is now trashed and we are effectively paying the equivalent of the NHS on interest repayments? Are we at any risk of heading down the Venezuela route here, or was it only Corbyn who could do that?

That’s the quirk of Neo Liberalism… I don’t think the banks will let western democracies go to the wall they just want to keep the public money rolling in to their coffers…but basket cases like Venezuela get filleted by corporate vultures. The markets keep UK/EU/US on a long leash but make it just about possible for them to squeak by…

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Even if it gets to 15% thaslts 15% more next September than this. Labour’s price freeze plan is 29 billion for 6 months..

That’s the quirk of Neo Liberalism… I don’t think the banks will let western democracies go to the wall they just want to keep the public money rolling in to their coffers…but basket cases like Venezuela get filleted by corporate vultures. The markets keep UK/EU/US on a long leash but make it just about possible for them to squeak by…

But the UK out of the protection of the EU though? A relatively small market, ripe for filleting from corporate vultures possibly? Actually, we've already been done by corporate vultures, what the fuck do the people own anymore? 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

But the UK out of the protection of the EU though? A relatively small market, ripe for filleting from corporate vultures possibly? Actually, we've already been done by corporate vultures, what the fuck do the people own anymore? 

Just a malfunctioning kettle (I think)

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 1

We are going to be paying for the mistake of ever electing the Tories for the rest of our goddamn lives.

Once out of power, the party should be investigated for criminal negligence over the economy and shut the fuck down. It's not even about a difference of opinion anymore, they have ruined everything. Everything they have touched has gone to shit. Yes some of these causes are global in nature but they have left the country so frail and poorly disposed to deal with them because of their self indulgent, corrupt bullshit. We cannot afford to have the Tories in government ever again, they are dangerously incompetent.

I think I'm at the stage where I'd join in if there was a move to forcibly remove them from power. We cannot afford any more of their incompetence, we really can't. Cretins like Truss pulling £100bn out of her arse for fucks sake, shit like that has consequences that span decades. I have zero trust in the money being used well or in anything like an optimal way. I have every expectation that we will be forced once again under the Conservatives to accept a lifetime of lower living standards just to indulge these venomous weapons.

May they all burn in hell, along with everyone who votes for them from this point forward. Ignorance isn't an excuse anymore.

• Like 6

They are, and always have been, a party of destruction. 
They’ve destroyed communities, unions, rights and now the country. 

I can’t think of one, single policy of theirs that benefitted the population as a whole, as opposed to the wealthy. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah we’ve sold it all already….I’d say state owned Venezuelan oil v western tax payers £££€€€$$$ am not sure it makes a lot of difference tbh. They don’t need to go looking for other revenue streams too much, western taxpayers dollars are like a bankers draft I’d imagine…

The Kremlin have nailed it:

The Kremlin said today that there was little hope of anything positive from the next PM - because the leadership contest had been dominated by anti-Russian rhetoric.

"I don't think we can hope for anything positive," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.

Join the club comrades.

• Like 2