Politics

Christmas Tree

They’ve drafted a stand up comedian into a political panel, what did they fucking expect?

Almost as daft as when they got RATM on Five Live and had to cut the feed because the anarchist band didn’t keep their promise to not swear :lol:

41 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm a bit desensitised to UK politics these days but I was watching Truss interviewed this morning and it dawned on me how much we are scraping the barrel with her as PM. She's got about as much charisma and gravitas as the manager of my local Spar

And crucially at this moment in time, less competence.

I actually think Truss may have a personality disorder, like Johnson, like Trump. Pure narcissist and sociopath. Can't remember who said it, but sometimes when you feel you have impostor syndrome it's because you really really are an impostor. Fair enough, this applies to a few tory MPs, but it doesn't explain why so many people don't see the traits and vote for them anyway. Guess that's where gaslighting comes in. Won't work this time. 

• Like 3

In a significant way it’s not Truss who’s received the kicking from Lycett here, it’s Laura K and the BBC. He’s pricked the bullshit balloon of impartiality with a sarcasm so fuckin searing they’ll never have a non politician or business leader on ever again. The top journos have been leaving for LBC for years now so they can say what is actually going on in this country, see Maitlis in Edinburgh last week for details. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.e2fd5e6d6f4fbcdebce72eb4a7bae0ae.png

Light blue is what 2019 Tory voters thought of Truss on 3rd August, dark blue is what they thought by the 31st.

Looks like the new PM bounce in the polls might not happen for her. 

Apparently Sunak's ratings have dropped off far less, which suggests Tory voters who voted for Truss already know that they picked the wrong horse and she hasn't even fucking moved in to No 10 yet. Great. :lol:

And I bet the vast majority of the membership had cast their vote back in early August.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

They’ve drafted a stand up comedian into a political panel, what did they fucking expect?

Almost as daft as when they got RATM on Five Live and had to cut the feed because the anarchist band didn’t keep their promise to not swear :lol:

Who can forget this classic example of a non-political guest on a political show?

• Haha 4

I made a conscious choice not to watch the Truss interview yesterday but having a look at what she said it's scary how someone so economically illiterate yet ideologically driven is about to become PM.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I made a conscious choice not to watch the Truss interview yesterday but having a look at what she said it's scary how someone so economically illiterate yet ideologically driven is about to become PM.

Aye, she's either a liar or a moron, probably both. There has been no progressive distribution of wealth in this country for 12 years. The super rich in particular have become much more wealthy in absolute and relative terms. And that is part of the reason for our poor growth, contrary to what she says. Trickle down economics is a sham which benefits less than 1% of the population. Its arguable whether ut even really benefits the 1% as they still need to share certain infrastructure and services with us plebs. Release the money to normal people and the economy will grow however.

I'm glad Truss is coming out with this shit on the eve of her ascension. She has already given out so much rope if you hanged her her hideous head would be cleanly severed off. She is completely unelectable and the tory party is now nothing more than a right wing cult. 

• Like 1

Btw, I know most tories think like Truss, but like Fight Club you don't fucking say it out loud. Even Johnson knew this. Bet most the conservative party have buyers remorse before even opening their shopping. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

as in we keep Septembers prices or October's prices?

September's, I assume. No point freezing at a rate that still kills people. 

Failing that, if we just do what Edwina says we should be fine. 

BTW don't get this cunt on and then sit with your head in your hands. Just don't have her on. She was a fucking joke when she was in her prime, never mind now. (I know it's not Lewis's choice to have her on btw). 

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 2

It doesn't matter than trickle down is bollocks - just like likening the economy to a household budget or the magic money tree - those concepts are hammered home by the media and ingrained in the average voters mind. 

If only someone could have the bollocks to point this out without being scared of upsetting focus groups of cunts. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Reports this morning suggest she's going to announce an energy price freeze. 

100 billion. Furlough cost 69 billion. So when inflation hits it’s predicted 20% peak  next year how much will they have to borrow to cover next winters heating bills?   … no word from Labour about energy market reform, well quel fuckin surprise :cuppa:

19 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

100 billion. Furlough cost 69 billion. So when inflation hits it’s predicted 20% peak  next year how much will they have to borrow to cover next winters heating bills?   … no word from Labour about energy market reform, well quel fuckin surprise :cuppa:

The £100bn projected is for a two year freeze, so it covers next winter too. Also inflation won't hit 20% if they freeze energy costs. Not sure what it will get to though.