Politics

Christmas Tree

Got R5 on, listening to some of the vox pops I think we should just get it over with and scrap democracy. This morning one stupid cow said "Boris was the most trustworthy person in parliament". 

15 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Have we actually got one? 

Not a proper codified one as such. But a mix of various laws and conventions instead 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Got R5 on, listening to some of the vox pops I think we should just get it over with and scrap democracy. This morning one stupid cow said "Boris was the most trustworthy person in parliament". 

The BBC seem to actively seek out the Daily Heil brigade at times such as this though. I don’t think he’s particularly well liked  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

He took over when Johnson was "mortally ill" with covid, so I don't see an issue. 

See Robert Hare's checklist items numbered 3, 4 and 5.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

Seems like the speech went down like a bucket of sick for some of the tories.

Loyalty? I don't think he can be loyal to the party that have just shafted him. However,  he was and still is in this only for himself. He wanted to be seen as the new Churchill and genuinely doesnt give a toss about the general public.

What a massive casserole of nonsense. 
Edited by Holden McGroin

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Like Andy Cole retiring from international football. 

The concerning aspect of this is it doesn't rule him out of going for the leadership himself. Surely the Tories are not THAT stupid, are they?

Actually .... of course they are.

For a Tory, Major has always had a degree of sensible pragmatism about him. He's absolutely right, here.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

John Major has written to someone, didn't hear who, saying the cunt needs to go now

I’d love you to be doing these updates live to camera from College Green. 

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

The BBC seem to actively seek out the Daily Heil brigade at times such as this though. I don’t think he’s particularly well liked  

i don't think they have to look that hard tbh. if you peer outside our lefty echo chamber, the country is full of them

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't think they have to look that hard tbh. if you peer outside our lefty echo chamber, the country is full of them

Yeah, I think Alex is right in that without a denominator vox pop interviews are fairly meaningless but even the hard stats show a good proportion of the voters are either completely immoral or stupid.  And they are probably disproportionately represented on the BBC in the interests of "balance". 

Edited by Renton

What's the risk btw that Johnson will conduct a scorched Earth policy in his remianing time if not expelled now? Pretty high I would think, especially with the EU. 

Just now, Renton said:

What's the risk btw that Johnson will conduct a scorched Earth policy in his remianing time if not expelled now? Pretty high I would think, especially with the EU. 

You think he’ll stay long enough to do that? 

I think the Tories, with their new-found morals, principles and integrity will have him out the door within a week. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I think the Tories, with their new-found morals, principles and integrity will have him out the door within a week. 

Aye, you could well be right. As has often been shown he’s not even close to being as clever as he thinks he is. What he envisioned as some rousing speech to cement his legacy and perhaps even buy time to save his skin will have just made most of the party want him out the door before he causes more damage 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Yeah they're dumb, but they're not suicidal. They'll create a mechanism to have him out by Wednesday at the very latest I reckon.