Politics

Christmas Tree

I do think charging up local councils from time to time is a good idea but ffs, there are other options. You don't need to drop your knickers to the Tories every time anything remotely annoying happens with Labour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.3b7203f0c4c307fe99149a7064aac5c8.png

After everything that's gone on since Johnson got the job man, these fucking dickheads think now's the time to start voting Tory. The place could use a tactical nuke. 

image.png

Same bloke, isn’t it? :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44004241

Called sunderland a “post apocalyptic shithole” and Diane Abbott a “filthy, bulbous pig”. 

Perfect. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Still worrying that there was 42% of the nation willing to vote for the cunt. Slightly less than the percentage of cunts in the U.K. though.

You will get amount of idiots everywhere nowadays, especially if it’s a direct choice between two candidates.

I did fear that the amount of people on the far left unhappy with Macron and buying into some of Le Pen‘s sweateners and people abstaining because they couldn’t stomach to vote for either candidate would play into the hands of the fascist lady.

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Still worrying that there was 42% of the nation willing to vote for the cunt. Slightly less than the percentage of cunts in the U.K. though.

Personal experience leaves me unsurprised - a lot of French folk are right-wing, racist cunts. 

I’ve been quite vocal on wanting electoral reform (as have many on here) with our fptp system being unfit for purpose, undemocratic and also polarising views at a time when politics is highly toxic and divisive. But a presidential A v B style election seems worse (or at least as bad) in that regard 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ve been quite vocal on wanting electoral reform (as have many on here) with our fptp system being unfit for purpose, undemocratic and also polarising views at a time when politics is highly toxic and divisive. But a presidential A v B style election seems worse (or at least as bad) in that regard 

True to a point, but you don't get someone with 43% of the vote getting an unassailable 80 seat majority and the power that brings. The most votes win, as it should be.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Though of course you could argue that our current government are the extremists.

I was thinking about this earlier - if Le Pen is "far right" then surely the Tories are as well. Which policies does she have that are further to the right of the Tories? She's not even extreme enough to go for Frexit.

• Like 1

As an aside I thought it was quite funny seeing that snivelling shit Oliver Dowden  on telly defending the PM over Partygate. His reasoning for it being not in the public interest was basically Ukraine. His next step was to list his achievements. Namely the vaccine program and ‘getting Brexit done’. And that was it :lol: 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

As an aside I thought it was quite funny seeing that snivelling shit Oliver Dowden  on telly defending the PM over Partygate. His reasoning for it being not in the public interest was basically Ukraine. His next step was to list his achievements. Namely the vaccine program and ‘getting Brexit done’. And that was it :lol: 

Did you see Sam West’s response to Dowden’s St.George Day flag wanking? 

:lol:

They really are thicker than castle walls. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Did you see Sam West’s response to Dowden’s St.George Day flag wanking? 

:lol:

They really are thicker than castle walls. 

That’s what happens when you refer to quote of the day desk calendar instead of knowing the actual source / context 

• Like 3

On 24/04/2022 at 15:05, Rayvin said:

I do think charging up local councils from time to time is a good idea but ffs, there are other options. You don't need to drop your knickers to the Tories every time anything remotely annoying happens with Labour.

Lol Rayvin, its always your posts I quote - soz!

I dont know if "changing up local councils from time to time" is actually a good idea, given that the government can now directly control the funding they give. It's all sewn up - give a Tory council vote when Tories are in power and they will give them extra funding , taken from the non Tory councils (And honestly, until the system changes, I think Labour would do the same).

I'd be happy to hear the last paragraph is bollocks and be pointed to some rules for protection, but I don't think its coming.

There's no strategic value in funding a Labour council for the current government, but every reason to make cuts .

Edited by scoobos

Honestly I don't think councils are structurally fit for purpose anyway so it's more of a symbolic thing. I wouldn't vote Tory at a local council election because it suggests that my vote condones all manner of fucking nonsense that is happening at the national level.

It's the same reason I won't vote Labour nationally until they move back to a pro-EU stance, if they ever do.