Politics

Christmas Tree

I think we tried everything, ignore functions, dialogue, the odd warning etc but ultimately he was on the wind up more than he wasn’t - or that might be paying him too much credit politically, who knows? 

I quite liked talking guitar with him and he’s not bad with the football chat but ultimately when it comes to quite important threads like the Ukraine thread or politics playing a contrary edgelord almost constantly sharp gets on people nerves. 

Especially when the issues are very real & effect people emotionally. We’re at the back end of a pandemic & in between that there is a deadly war in Europe. People are watching atrocities on tiktok. 

Some of the issues are quite close to people’s heart, we’ve all suffered during the pandemic. We’re watching people suffer in a war we can do very little about personally. 

So after poking that bees nest over & over its a surprise it took this long. 

Yes we’re cliquey but there’s a good reason why. It’s because people generally get on, even those that disagree regularly. 

It’s sad he couldn’t keep his proclivity to provoke unnecessary, pointless argument under control but overall I don’t think it’s a great loss to the board. 

We’ve never really had a banning culture, people have to really try our collective patience & a decision has to be agreed with, if anything we’re too soft. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

We need to keep an eye on Kim Jong Undrew and Vladimir Rayvin with these quick fire bannings, lads. I'm on the case. 

I'm actually quite opposed to the banhammer on general principle fwiw :lol: The whole mod team tried to avoid this but it is what it is.

12 hours ago, Tom said:

We’ve never really had a banning culture, people have to really try our collective patience & a decision has to be agreed with, if anything we’re too soft. 

That's your warning, CT.  :wink2:

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is Starmer going to challenge him on that though, or would that risk offending the Brexit faithful?

Didn't see or hear it today. Sickening to see Boris Bullshitter come out with shit like this. 

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Like….who thought this was a good idea for a photo!?

Whoever thought these are good optics I guess. A republican amongst the royal staff perhaps? 

Screenshot-20220323-213940-Twitter.jpg

Sunak (an part of the media) has consistently tried to promote him as the low tax Chancellor while doing the exact opposite. This is text book gaslighting yet seems to nearly entirely unreported.