Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Asprilla said:

Sadly, in general, the left’s approach to ideas it doesn’t agree with is to ban them

i get that it can be annoying to debate with people who think so differently from ourselves and we don’t always express ourselves perfectly but nonetheless I’m always open to hearing why people think the way they do

I think you should be shot up the arse with a 12 bore. The reason for thinking this is because you’re a cunt.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

The current row around trans rights is a good example. People are terrified of being cancelled for expressing fairly mild views now. So people go where those views are tolerated but along the way they can and will encounter actual craziness.

An alternative view is to say- “ aye, trans folk deserve the same treatment as anyone else” and go about your day. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Is that aimed at me or the guy advocating gun violence? :lol:

I think I’ve got to the stage where I just really like this GIF and thus it’s lost all meaning :lol: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Most people don’t want immigrants kicked out of the U.K. but lots of people think there is too much immigration.

The MSM answer is again to straw man anyone who has that view as hating all immigrants.

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

An alternative view is to say- “ aye, trans folk deserve the same treatment as anyone else” and go about your day. 

I don’t think anyone disagrees that trans people should be treated with the same respect as anyone else

but there are issues around sport where women are being beaten by trans women (I can’t see why they don’t just have a trans category)

and trans women who are still biologically male sharing spaces with women

talking about those issues is now considered a hate crime by some people

6 hours ago, Asprilla said:

I don’t think anyone disagrees that trans people should be treated with the same respect as anyone else

but there are issues around sport where women are being beaten by trans women (I can’t see why they don’t just have a trans category)

and trans women who are still biologically male sharing spaces with women

talking about those issues is now considered a hate crime by some people

Well unless you're a professional sportswoman or you've been touched up in the changing room at your local pool, what the fuck has it got to do with you or your gammon mates? 

Well the thing is….once you remove trans women from women’s spaces you suddenly have the exact same problem in reverse. People tend to forget about the trans men, transmasculine & non-binary folk. 

It’s such a dumb argument.

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Well unless you're a professional sportswoman or you've been touched up in the changing room at your local pool, what the fuck has it got to do with you or your gammon mates? 

I think people with this almost “default” lazy view don’t have any queer friends, let alone trans friends. 

(not your view, his) 

I don’t quite understand the nuances of the athletics debate mind, but I’m fairly sure some of the none trans athletes actually have higher testosterone levels anyway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think people with this almost “default” lazy view don’t have any queer friends, let alone trans friends. 

In the same way a big chunk of racists claim their lives are adversely affected by foreigners. 

If you're a builder struggling for work because Eastern European labour is undercutting your prices I can understand why, if you were a bit thick, you might then tar all Eastern European's with the same brush. 

The only time Farage interacts with immigrants is when he's pointing at them from a cliff top in Dover. 

41 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

In the same way a big chunk of racists claim their lives are adversely affected by foreigners. 

If you're a builder struggling for work because Eastern European labour is undercutting your prices I can understand why, if you were a bit thick, you might then tar all Eastern European's with the same brush. 

The only time Farage interacts with immigrants is when he's pointing at them from a cliff top in Dover. 

Or trying to get them into Australia 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

why don’t you just talk normally?

yes I would have a problem with my wife and daughter changing in a room with a “woman” that still has a penis

21 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

why don’t you just talk normally?

yes I would have a problem with my wife and daughter changing in a room with a “woman” that still has a penis

Because that's your job AMIRITE. 

• Haha 2