Politics

Christmas Tree

C27VJdxXEAA3Non.jpg

Labour know fine well that they cannot bind future parliaments to not decrease corporation tax.

Also, I thought that May had already told us that tariff-free access to the single market was off the table?

And having a meaningful vote on the final deal is meaningless as we've already been told that it we have to accept what we're given or we'll leave with no deal at all.

What a big baby man, proper flounce even by his standards.

Did anyone see Keir Starmer's response to Davis in the commons today? It was an articulate, measured and statesmanlike address, which led to at least a couple of awkward moments for May - pity he isn't leading the party.

I had a wee nibble at him :naughty: when he was still 22/1 for next leader. That'd require Labour to act in their own interest, though, so I'm not overly hopeful.

Really? That's been Labour's modus operandi up until Corbyn. Acting in their own interests sounds entirely within their capabilities once they've ousted him.

Sounds like at least a couple are considering it. Stupid decision from Corbyn anyway - it'll be an effort to appeal to the people who want Brexit and to fend off UKIP, but ultimately that message simply isn't getting through and looks like a feeble attempt to follow along with the Tories. As such, the only outcome will be the destabilisation of the party and the opportunity for the media to portray Labour as disunited and weak again. Which on this evidence, they are.