Politics

Christmas Tree

Which is why she campaigned against it. Born again or something is she? So full of shit...

She didn't really, but effectively she sat on the fence for poitical gain, which is actually a lot worse

I'm older than most of you and if anything, I've become more of a lefty as I've aged.

Watching successive Tory governments bending the country over and screwing it for all it's worth, then blaming it on the underclass they themselves created as a result, is probably why.

I'm older than most of you and if anything, I've become more of a lefty as I've aged.

Watching successive Tory governments bending the country over and screwing it for all it's worth, then blaming it on the underclass they themselves created as a result, is probably why.

:D I always value your contributions in this thread, rare though they are.

Same here, even the bit about being old applies.

:lol:

I thought I responded to your post mate, sorry! Generally speaking, I'm glad there are some people on here capable of resisting the lure of the Tories as they get older. Renton and Gemmill should take note ;)

Edited by Rayvin

<applause>

Am the same, 47 this month and being completely honest my life is fuckin great. But others of our age have a world view that starts and ends with what Murdoch and Dacre tell them, and if they do see the the social problems that 40 years of globalised horseshit has caused the aforementioned members of the third estate are on hand to reassure them that these sad souls only have themselves to blame.

Edited by PaddockLad

No, but you're not old either. Come back when you're in your 40s......

Like I'm going to make it that far.

I also don't have kids and don't intend to, so it's a lot easier to stay Left. 

:lol:

I thought I responded to your post mate, sorry! Generally speaking, I'm glad there are some people on here capable of resisting the lure of the Tories as they get older. Renton and Gemmill should take note ;)

I don't think I'll ever be lured by the Tories but I was definitely more wide eyed and idealistic when I was younger where now I've come to accept that politicians have to play the game to an extent if they're ever going to be a force for good.

Then there's the swarm of immigrants coming here to leach our benefits, don't get me started on that one.