Politics

Christmas Tree

And while we're at it, McDonnell saying what you guys want an 'effective' opposition to say:

This morning, Philip Hammond may have performed a U-turn on investment spending, admitting that the failed ‘long-term economic plan’ never really existed, and he still intends to go ahead with cuts to in-work benefits and local authority funding.

Labour is now the only national party with a fiscal framework that supports patient, long-term investment in our economy, and it’s clear that Phillip Hammond is now borrowing from Labour to invest in his own speech. As well as abandoning their own fiscal charter, this was full of the same empty promises George Osborne made, only with worse gags.

The chancellor should apologise today for the failed Tory approach that has meant he has had to abandon the failed economic agenda of the last six years, an approach which has seen them dragging their heels on tax avoidance, an increase in child poverty and housebuilding falling to its lowest peacetime rate since the 1920s. The dangerous divide in society the chancellor mentioned has come about as a direct result of the policies he has voted for since 2010.

That's fair enough. Though I look forward still to Corbyn ko-ing May in the next PMQ regarding this. :)

That's fair enough. Though I look forward still to Corbyn ko-ing May in the next PMQ regarding this. :)

Well, we'll have to see I guess. Fingers crossed he does a good job of it.

Believe it or not, I do think CT adds to the discussion in here. As infuriating as it is to argue with him (as he moves around, changes his mind depending on which way the wind is blowing and refuses to concede any point, ever) he does add a different viewpoint which I think is important in avoiding echo chambers.

I would prefer a less infuriating version of CT, but still :P

The national debt increases by about £1.4b a week and hit an all time high of £96b in April of this year (i.e. for the previous financial year). This represents a 'decrease'?

You're confusing national debt with the budget deficit. Very different things ;)

Believe it or not, I do think CT adds to the discussion in here. As infuriating as it is to argue with him (as he moves around, changes his mind depending on which way the wind is blowing and refuses to concede any point, ever) he does add a different viewpoint which I think is important in avoiding echo chambers.

I would prefer a less infuriating version of CT, but still :P

CT lite

Never :lol:

Listen, let's not get too distracted by the Ginger twins moaning about me in a thread I delivered into this world 6 years ago.

That's right, like a 19th century missionary in darkest Africa, I created a sanctuary for political deliberations.

It's also a bit rich when the moaners are people who usually have very little interest in politics.

Would I wander into the guitar thread and mock Toms chords or set foot in the cricket thread to comment on whatever happens in there. Of course not.

Back on topic please.

Listen, let's not get too distracted by the Ginger twins moaning about me in a thread I delivered into this world 6 years ago.

That's right, like a 19th century missionary in darkest Africa, I created a sanctuary for political deliberations.

It's also a bit rich when the moaners are people who usually have very little interest in politics.

Would I wander into the guitar thread and mock Toms chords or set foot in the cricket thread to comment on whatever happens in there. Of course not.

Back on topic please.

Aye and look what religion has done for Africa. Full of AIDS. Like this thread.

Aye. Fucking hell he is a stupid cunt. Alienates the next generation of homegrown doctors then announces he plans to curb the number of imported doctors. Sounds like a great plan perfectly executed, Jeremy, you arsehole.