Politics

Christmas Tree

This is all highly speculative stuff HF, but as I said the discussion spurred me on to directly compare the policies of Clinton and Sanders and I was very surprised at their similarities. And to say Sanders is further left than Corbyn is rather spurious to say the least.

You do know that as hominem is an attack on an individual, not a group, don't you? Also is it really an insult to call a 16 year old kid, a, erm, 16 year old kid?

Edit: apologies adios, thought you were HF there cor a minute for some reason. :razz:

Must be my intelligent, analytical discourse. ;)

Didn't say further left btw, said as far left.  I should, of course, go and back that up.

You can argue semantics regarding the literal definition of ad hominem (and you are literally correct) but the core difference is attacking the person(s?), not the arguments. Which you've done quite a bit recently.  Understand you're angry with the whole situation, just making a comparison.

My opinions are mostly based on polls, not speculation, but of course, you may disagree with my conclusions.

Must be my intelligent, analytical discourse. ;)

Didn't say further left btw, said as far left. I should, of course, go and back that up.

You can argue semantics regarding the literal definition of ad hominem (and you are literally correct) but the core difference is attacking the person(s?), not the arguments. Which you've done quite a bit recently. Understand you're angry with the whole situation, just making a comparison.

My opinions are mostly based on polls, not speculation, but of course, you may disagree with my conclusions.

Shut up you dick head.

Also the key, and massive, difference between Sanders and Clinton is her corporate cronyism, getting money out of Politics. Which Obama campaigned on and could do fuck all about, but spent all his political capital on Health Care.

Alternatively, you could continue to cut council and housing association budgets by 10 million over 3 years which will really help build much needed council houses won't it?

Do you know how many houses we could have built with that 10 million just in our area?

I work in council/social housing and we are being decimated by budget cuts leading to estates turning rotten and people living in unfit housing.

It's Corbyn's international and defence policies I have major problems with. A lot of his social policy makes sense, if poorly costed.

They're not costed at all.

Costing is where all this slogan politics fall apart. We already don't have enough money from taxes to fund the NHS properly or for that matter most of what government controls, yet he's adding billions more to the budget every day.

I tell you what, if they can cost all of this prior to the election and it's credible, he may even get my vote. But I'll believe when I see it.

Costing is where all this slogan politics fall apart. We already don't have enough money from taxes to fund the NHS properly or for that matter most of what government controls, yet he's adding billions more to the budget every day.

I tell you what, if they can cost all of this prior to the election and it's credible, he may even get my vote. But I'll believe when I see it.

They're going to borrow the money cheaply and based on economically robust theories. There you go.

Problem is, you don't believe in this option, so you're not going to vote for him.

By costing I meant more transparent and accurate calculation for sound investment. I think the principle of Keynesian economics is sound. We clearly need more social housing and improved infrastructure, and as ewerk says, should stop pissing it away on housing benefit to support private land lords. Edited by Renton

By visiting I meant more transparent and accurate calculation for sound investment. I think the principle of Keynesian economics is sound. We clearly need more social housing and improved infrastructure, and as ewerk says, should stop pissing it away on housing benefit to support private land lords.

Agreed, they do need to provide this.

They're going to borrow the money cheaply and based on economically robust theories. There you go.

Problem is, you don't believe in this option, so you're not going to vote for him.

:lol:

Hold on mate, that £250 or £500 bill, depending what day it is, (plucked from thin air) is for all sorts of infrastructure, manufacturing projects. That's nowt to do with all his other stuff like unprivatising the NHS, railways, scrapping tuition fees, more money for schools etc etc.

More choice quotes from the momentum vice chair

“I’m sure you know, millions more Africans were killed in the African Holocaust and their oppression continues today on a global scale in a way it doesn’t for Jews"

And Jewish people were the “chief financiers of the sugar and slave trade”.

If Corbyn is serious about tackling antisemitim in the Labour Party, she has to walk, no? Even some momentum members are calling for her to go.