Politics

Christmas Tree

Daily politics yesterday had Chukka on and Christine Shawcroft from Labours NEC.

I appreciate there's a bit of shit going on but was quite surprised at the level of hatred between them. She wasn't your spotty momentum type that normally gets rolled out, she was 40 years a grass roots veteran.

Just can't see how this can be resolved without an absolute bloodbath.

If the NEC rules against Corbyn today then the whole shit show could end up in the courts for months.

Worth a watch on iplayer if you're bored.

Edited by Christmas Tree

I'm sick of the contempt being shown by the backstabbers for the £3 members. I accept there are saboteurs in there but it still leaves labour at the biggest "left wing" party by membership in the world. Dismissing that power base and opportunity just because you don't like who they voted for shows the fuckers up for what they are - arrogant control freaks - very much like their inspiration.

I'm sick of the contempt being shown by the backstabbers for the £3 members. I accept there are saboteurs in there but it still leaves labour at the biggest "left wing" party by membership in the world. Dismissing that power base and opportunity just because you don't like who they voted for shows the fuckers up for what they are - arrogant control freaks - very much like their inspiration.

Well, I expect we'll never agree but at the very least there should have been a minimum period of membership before new members could vote, like I think the Tories have. I've genuinely no idea how what I regard as the true grass roots of the party feels as I'm not involved any more. What I would say is that it revolves around your MP (or candidate) because this is the whole point of the party. If the MP can't support Corbyn, then I suspect the actual active members won't either. At the end of the day donating 3 quid and doing nothing else makes you a casual member. They don't help win elections.

Edited by Renton

Well, I expect we'll never agree but at the very least there should have been a minimum period of membership before new members could vote, like I think the Tories have. I've genuinely no idea how what I regard as the true grass roots of the party feels as I'm not involved any more. What I would say is that it revolves around your MP (or candidate) because this is the whole point of the party. If the MP can't support Corbyn, then I suspect the actual active members won't either. At the end of the day donating 3 quid and doing nothing else makes you a casual member. They don't help win elections.

Anna Eagles CLP told her to wind her neck in.

One thing that seems to have gone unnoticed in all of yesterday's drama is that Stephen Crabb has been caught sexting with a lass in her 20s. The pious, devoutly religious, marriage isn't for the gays, it's only for good Christians like me Stephen Crabb (married and having or at the very least trying to have an affair).

I read that Eagle was imposed on the Wallasey CLP by Hattersley so ignoring members has been going on for decades. Focusing on the local mp/candidate is fair enough but why can't you have a separate Avenue of interest as well?

I would be completely wasting my time if I joined the Labour Party where I live as they will never win the seat but maybe paying £3 or whatever and taking part in national level elections would allow me to feel involved and get at least some sense of doing my bit. As I said rejecting that out of hand is a waste imo.

One thing that seems to have gone unnoticed in all of yesterday's drama is that Stephen Crabb has been caught sexting with a lass in her 20s. The pious, devoutly religious, marriage isn't for the gays, it's only for good Christians like me Stephen Crabb (married and having or at the very least trying to have an affair).

This is what happens to people who aren't brought up in stable environment with a loving father figure

the brexit vote was all about immigration. so it makes perfect sense that our new pm, a remainer, was the politican responsible for current immigration levels.

the brexit vote was all about immigration. so it makes perfect sense that our new pm, a remainer, was the politican responsible for current immigration levels.

As well as the "Illegals please fuck off" buses.

Isn't she the "reverse Boris" though? Or a bit of a "shy leaver" like Cameron?....hard to tell with these Tories, it's almost as if they just want power for powers sake, or possibly for the sake of being in power? :unsure:

Isn't she the "reverse Boris" though? Or a bit of a "shy leaver" like Cameron?....hard to tell with these Tories, it's almost as if they just want power for powers sake, or possibly for the sake of being in power? :unsure:

Shy remainer.

May's lack of actual support for the remain campaign, to me, suggests zero integrity on her part.

Or that she's fairly euro sceptic yet decided to be loyal to Cameron.

Or that Team Remain weren't to keen to have the person in charge of immigration front and centre.

Or that she's a very sharpe politician who could see the benefits of keeping a low profile.

Or that she's fairly euro sceptic yet decided to be loyal to Cameron.

Or that Team Remain weren't to keen to have the person in charge of immigration front and centre.

Or that she's a very sharpe politician who could see the benefits of keeping a low profile.

Inadvertently making my point. Well done :lol:

the best prime minister in your lifetime will only be remembered for the worst mistake ever made by a peacetime PM.

that is his only legacy. just as blair is remembered only for iraq, cameron will go down in history as the leader responsible for exiting the EU and the break up of the UK.