Politics

Christmas Tree

That was a grim read but excellently put

:D aye not much to look forward to. And that's without even mentioning the levels of homelessness that are going through the roof, let alone external worries like IS and Putin!

All you need to know about Corbyn is Dianne Abbott. :lol: has there ever been such an ignorant fucker talking nonsense on television.

You're lucky you added 'television' at the end there, mind. ;)

Can't remember, 3 pints ago. Just basically getting interviewed and replying in her usual bumbling angry nonsensical way.

Apologies if your a fan.

Couldn't give a shit about her. Just thought it was crap ad hominem critique you might want to expand on. Lest people think you're an ignorant fucker spouting nonsense.

Couldn't give a shit about her. Just thought it was crap ad hominem critique you might want to expand on. Lest people think you're an ignorant fucker spouting nonsense.

Nope, Anybody who watches Dianne Abbott regularly will fully understand what I'm talking about.

Ian Austin, a Labour MP shouted at Corbyn to "Sit down and shut up, you're a disgrace" as he delivered his response to Chilcott.

Whatever you think about Corbyn, given the matter at hand, this stupid cunt should be keeping his gob shut.

Ian Austin, a Labour MP shouted at Corbyn to "Sit down and shut up, you're a disgrace" as he delivered his response to Chilcott.

Whatever you think about Corbyn, given the matter at hand, this stupid cunt should be keeping his gob shut.

What was Corbyn doing?

Got told off after a bit.

Asking for the dead to be remembered, saying Robin Cook has been proven right.

What a cunt eh?

I don't see why he had to bring Cook into, but aye, that would appear to be a completely inappropriate reaction. Iirc 90% of this board agreed with Robin Cook at the time, including me. From what I can tell Chilcott hasn't told us anything we didn't know, even back then.

I don't see why he had to bring Cook into, but aye, that would appear to be a completely inappropriate reaction. Iirc 90% of this board agreed with Robin Cook at the time, including me. From what I can tell Chilcott hasn't told us anything we didn't know, even back then.

Aye, but like Hillsborough, officially confirming what we know is important.

From Jonathan Freedland in the Guardian:

Some will say that none of this is really new, that Chilcot simply repeated everything the critics had said about this war from the beginning. But that means a lot. This was the voice of the establishment, not a placard at a demo or a trenchant Guardian column. The Chilcot report is the official judgment on the 2003 invasion. For those who stood against the war, including the families of those who lost their lives, that represents belated vindication. For Blair it means a verdict that damns him for the ages.

I saw tweets linking to Cooks resignation speech all morning before corbyn mentioned it.

Point was that his speech summarised in a few hundred words PRIOR to the invasion what Chilcot says in far more detail and with what Blair would have you think was hindsight.

The publication is a vindication of Cook who never lived to see it.