Politics

Christmas Tree

She refers to her own brother as a "triumphant blonde". [emoji38]

And Osborne goes on summer holiday with the Goves. [emoji38] That must look like someone's left a load of dough out on two sunbeds and a white binbag full of porridge on the other one. Gross.

It's chicken and egg stuff, is he shit because he has no support from the media/PLP or does he have no support from the media/PLP because he's shit?

Possibly, but most of the media had it in for him well before he was elected. In fact he won the leadership election largely in spite of the media coverage of him and his policies - remember the pure hatchet job the beeb ran the night before the elections? He's been on a hiding to nowt since well before he took control iyam.

if corbyn is so principled, why didn't he campaign for leave? he's just like the rest man

Leader of a party with an agreed policy mandated by executive /conference?

I'm sure not all leaders agree with all their party policies - it would also be worrying if a party had to blindly follow any leader.

Leader of a party with an agreed policy mandated by executive /conference?

I'm sure not all leaders agree with all their party policies - it would also be worrying if a party had to blindly follow any leader.

He said he was for remain, contrary to all available evidence. He's clearly a eurosceptic but knew his position as leader of the party would be untenable if he campaigned honestly on such a big issue. Not exactly he most principled position. And also one of the main reasons why so many want him out now.

Well his choice would be to try and change the party policy or to take a stand and resign giving his opponents what they wanted.

I'd also suggest that the evidence points to strong sceptic in the past who may have been persuaded to shift to a moderately pro position which he espoused.

Well his choice would be to try and change the party policy or to take a stand and resign giving his opponents what they wanted.

I'd also suggest that the evidence points to strong sceptic in the past who may have been persuaded to shift to a moderately pro position which he espoused.

The evidence points to a man who hasn't grown out of six form politics. Easy to be a principled idealist from the back bench, as leader, not so much.

Surely the fact you think he put his position aside to follow party policy negates that?

Well, what can I say. Voting in a eurosceptic leader of the labour party months before a referendum on EU membership probably wasn't the best idea.

"I wanted to talk directly to Labour Party members."

*video cuts immediately to non-direct angle*

:lol:

The medium shot is also awful with the two windows jutting into the frame (the eyes are pulled away from the subject). I don't know where to start with the background colour and he has the wrong shirt on for a serious message. Think they wanted it light and cheery....The whole PR team (Sean?) is a joke.

This is a good article on the Corbyn-Momentum aspect of politics:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/05/political-establishment-momentum-jeremy-corbyn

This basically sums up what I was attempting to convey on here at the time of voting for him. There was no expectation that he was a great leader or that his personality would win people over. I was voting for him because I believed in his policies and was prepared to listen to what he was saying beyond soundbites. Also agree with the consideration of why so many in the establishment find him so dangerous, and want to make it look like 'personality' is the most important thing. Glad someone has articulated it.

Interesting that the Guardian is starting to about-turn on this a bit now.

Edited by Rayvin

The BMA membership just rejected the new deal offered by Hunt :lol:

The government are in the wars here, make no mistake. Makes sense though - if the BMA membership have looked at the EU result, and the impact that it will have on skilled workers coming to the country, then they're fucking right to think their negotiating position has just improved.

What a mess. All attention in the next couple of years will have to be on extricating ourselves from Europe. In the meantime, expect even less governmental stewardship than normal over everything else.

Have just noticed that teachers are on strike today as well...

So the government has pissed off two of the most important public sector workforces in the country, both of whom are now/have been taking action to protect their rights, and at the same time condemned us to a period of, at best, economic chaos, and at worst, long term harm to the country.

Is it now fair to say that this Tory government is the worst in UK history? Is there anyone, anywhere who can possibly think that this iteration of the Tories are anything other than the most incompetent party we've ever seen? I'm sure CT will be along shortly of course. At least when Labour 'fucked up the country' they could rightly point out that the recession was a global event over which they had no control. The Tories singlehandledly imposed this fucking lunacy on us, with no scapegoats whatsoever.

Edited by Rayvin

Have just noticed that teachers are on strike today as well...

So the government has pissed off two of the most important public sector workforces in the country, both of whom are now/have been taking action to protect their rights, and at the same time condemned us to a period of, at best, economic chaos, and at worst, long term harm to the country.

Is it now fair to say that this Tory government is the worst in UK history? Is there anyone, anywhere who can possibly think that this iteration of the Tories are anything other than the most incompetent party we've ever seen? I'm sure CT will be along shortly of course. At least when Labour 'fucked up the country' they could rightly point out that the recession was a global event over which they had no control. The Tories singlehandledly imposed this fucking lunacy on us, with no scapegoats whatsoever.

Yeah but Murdoch and co are happy