Politics

Christmas Tree

It was Liam Byrne

fb9cf039737c6119b8cbc8658828c935.jpg

Anything to back the "lie" claim up? I've never heard that.

Other than the fact that, had it been true, the government wouldn't have been able to continue spending money?

It was a fucking stupid note to leave but surely CT, surely you can see that it clearly wasn't true. If it had been true, the country would very literally have collapsed. We would have had the IMF in here immediately trying to do a Greece style recovery job. Did that happen?

It wasn't Ed balls, it was some minion.

Whatever, I'm sick of hearing about it. You can bet we're never going to hear the end of the Mao thing either.

What an opportunity labour had to go after Osborne for the cunt he is. They should have been making him squirm for one of the biggest British political u-turns of recent times. Instead you get this ill advised preconceived gag which falls flat on its arse and makes the labour front bench look completely out of touch. Depressing.

Whatever, I'm sick of hearing about it. You can bet we're never going to hear the end of the Mao thing either.

What an opportunity labour had to go after Osborne for the cunt he is. They should have been making him squirm for one of the biggest British political u-turns of recent times. Instead you get this ill advised preconceived gag which falls flat on its arse and makes the labour front bench look completely out of touch. Depressing.

McDonnell and Corbyn are virtually unelectable, that's the sad truth of the matter. Fact is, most on this board supported the selection of Corbyn, even if it meant another 10 years of Tory governance. Well done, you got your wish.

McDonnell and Corbyn are virtually unelectable, that's the sad truth of the matter. Fact is, most on this board supported the selection of Corbyn, even if it meant another 10 years of Tory governance. Well done, you got your wish.

Seeing as Osborne has now implemented several Labour GE manifesto policies am failing to see what difference Burnham or Cooper would have made tbh :cuppa:

I supported Corbyn. He isn't a bullshit artist. Unlike most mainstream politicians, he says what he believes and that's great. Leadership is about picking your battles though. Knowing when to make a stand on something and when not to.

Osborne is a clever political operator. You'd expect him to get all the nasty stuff out of the way in the first year of the parliament. Instead he's looking to occupy the centre ground, leaving Labour to implode, and positioning himself as clear favourite to be he next PM.

Kill me, kill me now.

Seeing as Osborne has now implemented several Labour GE manifesto policies am failing to see what difference Burnham or Cooper would have made tbh :cuppa:

Yes, the no difference argument is repeatedly wielded. Five years of conservative governance has made a massive negative difference to me and my family though. And I've another nine to look forward to.

I supported Corbyn. He isn't a bullshit artist. Unlike most mainstream politicians, he says what he believes and that's great. Leadership is about picking your battles though. Knowing when to make a stand on something and when not to.

Osborne is a clever political operator. You'd expect him to get all the nasty stuff out of the way in the first year of the parliament. Instead he's looking to occupy the centre ground, leaving Labour to implode, and positioning himself as clear favourite to be he next PM.

Kill me, kill me now.

Disliked around the country AND the 1922 committee.

Other than the fact that, had it been true, the government wouldn't have been able to continue spending money?

It was a fucking stupid note to leave but surely CT, surely you can see that it clearly wasn't true. If it had been true, the country would very literally have collapsed. We would have had the IMF in here immediately trying to do a Greece style recovery job. Did that happen?

I was referring to NJS who I assume was implying the existence of the note was a lie.

This is a bit of a double edged sword for me. I did get what I wished for, and I remain pleased about it. I didn't expect that he would win the next election, but I didn't expect anyone we could have voted for would either. For me, voting Corbyn was about forcing Labour away from the new centre as defined by the Tories, and back over to the left of centre (in the long run). I'm not going to vote for Labour if they don't broadly represent my thinking. If that means the Tories, then so be it. It's Labour that's lost me though, not the other way around.

That said - the Tories make things harder for some than others, and I can fully appreciate that people like you, given the effect it has had on your family, will be dismayed by the stance of people like me. All I can say to that really is that I can only vote for what I believe in, and I fundamentally didn't believe in the policies of anyone other than Corbyn, regardless of how electable he is.

Edited by Rayvin

The sad truth is that Sturgeon would be an excellent Labour leader if she hadn't ended up with another party entirely.

It's all irrelevant now though, Renton is absolutely right that we'll have the Tories for at least 9 years. I just hope by the end of that someone comes along with something worth believing in/voting for.

What Osborne has done is the equivalent of McLaren saying we don't need to sign anyone in January as they've sat down an worked out the points we're going to get an as it's 40, we'll be alright. If the increase in the public finances doesn't happen he'll be completely screwed.

:lol: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the new LeazesMag.

He simply has no charisma to be PM, however he is apparently very well liked in Westminster by a lot of MP's on both sides.

The bookies don't agree with you.

Remember this is the country that elected John Major. Charisma isn't everything in UK politics.