Politics

Christmas Tree

Funny as fuck watching Gideon getting torn apart by Andrew Marr. Imagine if the roles were reversed and Miliband had made such an unfunded pledge, be hell on amongst Tory circles :lol:

That's a £3.1 billion price freeze on train fares announced Friday morning, an extra £8 billion for the NHS and £7.5 billion tax cuts. ALL unfunded.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/general-election-2015-chancellor-george-osborne-ducks-questions-as-to-where-8bn-nhs-fund-will-come-from-if-tories-are-reelected-10170622.html

There will be funds, they will be coming from the private sector. He will never declare that on national television though.

If that's really what you think, it's even weirder that you take such extreme, cartoon-y views on the matter. Unless you see it like supporting a football team, I suppose.

Well of course it's like supporting a football team. It's very tribal which is why you get people voting one way because that's what dad did etc.

Lib Dems were popular with some when they could promise all sorts because they were never going to be in power....... Bit like the weird and wonderful crap from ukip and the greens these days.

It's quite obscene that all parties offer "bribes" every five years to gain favour when really what is needed is a continuation of sensible policies, be those labour or Tory.

With 30 different changes to the calculation method - when it was 3 million the true figure was 4.5m. Of course nobody has had or will have the guts to reinstate the old method as the public are too thick to understand.

Another lie is that it was labour who encouraged unemployed people to move to disability - of course it was the Tories.

I could understand someone who didn't live through these times believing the lies - CT doesn't have that excuse.

At the time of the strike I was 18. Unless directly effected, most 18 year olds had a lot more interesting things on their radar than politics.

At the time of the strike I was 18. Unless directly effected, most 18 year olds had a lot more interesting things on their radar than politics.

It was the only thing on the news for a year man. How can you live in the North East in 1984 and not take an interest in the strike!

Ridiculous idea. They're mentally ill, they'd immediately take the wristband off. Maybe we could sew some form of armband onto their clothes with a bright blue star to help identify them.

Took less than 24 hours for this new 'Right to Buy' extension to be utterly dismantled one piece at a time by critics from all sides of the political spectrum.

So far I've seen far more 'economically reckless' propositions from the Conservative Party than the Labour Party.

Took less than 24 hours for this new 'Right to Buy' extension to be utterly dismantled one piece at a time by critics from all sides of the political spectrum.

So far I've seen far more 'economically reckless' propositions from the Conservative Party than the Labour Party.

One headline in The Mail made it worthwhile from their pov.

One headline in The Mail made it worthwhile from their pov.

Aye I saw today's Mail headline, a full-blown hissy fit because the RTB extension is basically unworkable and counter-productive, so instead of attempting to refute this, they decided to attack the HOUSING FAT CATS :lol:

I think we're up to around £24.5 billion worth of unfunded spending claims from the Tories now.

Good old fiscal Conservatism eh?

Aye I saw today's Mail headline, a full-blown hissy fit because the RTB extension is basically unworkable and counter-productive, so instead of attempting to refute this, they decided to attack the HOUSING FAT CATS [emoji38]

I think we're up to around £24.5 billion worth of unfunded spending claims from the Tories now.

Good old fiscal Conservatism eh?

Yesterdays screamed something like "Right to buy is back!"

Should have been honest and just had a picture of a jizzing cock.