Politics

Christmas Tree

We need to find a solution that will stop the west meddling everywhere fucking where on the planet.

Dunno, I'm not hugely opposed to Western meddling as long as it doesn't stray into bloodshed (and I have opposed it each and every time it has). Ultimately we're all the playthings of politicians regardless of the stripe, and I'm not really convinced being owned by Russia is any better for Ukrainians than being meddled with by the West.

War on the other hand is bad for everyone, and the only side threatening that is Russia. If being owned by Russia, an authoritarian regime with a facade of democracy is not preferable to the constant capitalistic meddling of the US, then that's the Ukraine's choice.

Dunno, I'm not hugely opposed to Western meddling as long as it doesn't stray into bloodshed (and I have opposed it each and every time it has).

:lol: Well that's good of you. Honestly though, without bias clouding your judgement, the west should say or do nothing of this incursion. Russia only wants to protect Crimea as a stategic location for them and they have played this perfectly and have the moral highground over America - no blood has been shed to achieve it.

Nuclear Weapons.

What if the Ruskies decided to shake things up and launch a nuclear attack. What would be the actual consequences?

Would their missiles launch?

Would they really reach here?

How many do we think they would send our way?

How long would they take to get here?

What would the aftermath be like?

Would society collapse instantly?

I just wonder what the reality would be like compared to the Cold War propaganda / Hollywood movies we have grown up with.

Obviously an attack would upset the apple cart, but the dark forces may see a massive land grab and return to a USSR worth the initial shit fest.

Have we become to laid back to war?

Can somebody that's experienced one please help CT out with a description of exactly how a nuclear war will go down?

ds106-strategy-winner-education.gif

2rpflmq.gif

There won't be any real fight over this. They are all too interconnected. However Russia has huge nuclear bunkers in major cities, has had for ages...America has bunkers for rich folk and the leaders in secret locations.

Definitely CT;s bunker, he's not even finished the walls and roof, but the table's getting set for dehydrated veggie roast dinner and a buttered slice

Nuclear Weapons.

What if the Ruskies decided to shake things up and launch a nuclear attack. What would be the actual consequences?

Would their missiles launch?

Would they really reach here?

How many do we think they would send our way?

How long would they take to get here?

What would the aftermath be like?

Would society collapse instantly?

I just wonder what the reality would be like compared to the Cold War propaganda / Hollywood movies we have grown up with.

Obviously an attack would upset the apple cart, but the dark forces may see a massive land grab and return to a USSR worth the initial shit fest.

Have we become to laid back to war?

You sound like Wolfy.

Try the phrase "mutually assured destruction" CT. The UK has submarines with Trident nuclear weapons on them, but it would be tricky "sneaking one up the Bosphurus" to attack Russia.... I used to work where they make the warheads, theyre an absoloute hoot :D

Try the phrase "mutually assured destruction" CT. The UK has submarines with Trident nuclear weapons on them, but it would be tricky "sneaking one up the Bosphurus" to attack Russia.... I used to work where they make the warheads, theyre an absoloute hoot :D

But it wouldn't be utter destruction. There be a war followed by a licking of wounds. Capitalism (as we know it today), would be fucked and the USSR could reclaim its former iron grip on all around it.

The west would be far too bust trying to keep a grip on a democratic society where as the USSR would thrive in the chaos.

But it wouldn't be utter destruction. There be a war followed by a licking of wounds. Capitalism (as we know it today), would be fucked and the USSR could reclaim its former iron grip on all around it.

The west would be far too bust trying to keep a grip on a democratic society where as the USSR would thrive in the chaos.

Do you comprehend what Nuclear war would mean? It's not just the devastation at the time and point of impact, it's the irradiation of hundreds of kilometres, radiation clouds drifting over the planet, great plumes of smoke and ash blotting out the Sun, unpredictable effects to climate.

Russia fires, USA retaliates, China joins in, as does everybody else with a functioning system. If that's not terrifying enough, after the super-powers have loosed their arsenal, anybody with an untested system will launch theirs and it's Goodnight Vienna.