Politics

Christmas Tree

Newcastle flourished under an economy that Labour inherited and a property / financial bubble that burst!

You keep referring to it as being fucked. What's so fucked now compared to 2010?

So now you're saying labour inherited the property bubble? A property bubble you have previously denied the existence of in the UK? Get your story straight. Of course, with government incentives for buyers and a chronic shortage of housing supply there's no chance it could happen again under this lot is there? :lol:

A lot of my problems with the Tories are historical given the devastation they caused in the 1980s and the fact they really hold us with utter contempt, as you would know if you'd been to London and mingled with them. The fracking comment was only unusual as it was said publicly. The response to the floods is another obvious example.

But since 2010 the north and north east in particular has been hit disproportionately by the cuts. Our councils have been raped, we've more public sector workers so have lost more jobs and there's been no job real job creation schemes to replace the lost jobs. We have the highest unemployment rate in the UK and last month our unemployment went up in contrast to everywhere else. Jobs that are created are low skilled and often part time, there's almost no graduate level jobs out there. Not the case in London of course which is just becoming more dominant by the month.

Then there's the lackj of infrastructure, iirc the NE gets about 1% the investment the SE gets per capita. So there's a few of my problems, they existed under Labour too but not to the same extent as under the Tories. There's a reason there are no conservative MPs left here, not even in Tynemouth. You probably think its dole scroungers protecting their revenue, but these people don't even vote. Its because Tories are historically and presently bad news for the North and Scotland. You know, the place we live.

So now you're saying labour inherited the property bubble? A property bubble you have previously denied the existence of in the UK? Get your story straight. Of course, with government incentives for buyers and a chronic shortage of housing supply there's no chance it could happen again under this lot is there? :lol:

A lot of my problems with the Tories are historical given the devastation they caused in the 1980s and the fact they really hold us with utter contempt, as you would know if you'd been to London and mingled with them. The fracking comment was only unusual as it was said publicly. The response to the floods is another obvious example.

But since 2010 the north and north east in particular has been hit disproportionately by the cuts. Our councils have been raped, we've more public sector workers so have lost more jobs and there's been no job real job creation schemes to replace the lost jobs. We have the highest unemployment rate in the UK and last month our unemployment went up in contrast to everywhere else. Jobs that are created are low skilled and often part time, there's almost no graduate level jobs out there. Not the case in London of course which is just becoming more dominant by the month.

Then there's the lackj of infrastructure, iirc the NE gets about 1% the investment the SE gets per capita. So there's a few of my problems, they existed under Labour too but not to the same extent as under the Tories. There's a reason there are no conservative MPs left here, not even in Tynemouth. You probably think its dole scroungers protecting their revenue, but these people don't even vote. Its because Tories are historically and presently bad news for the North and Scotland. You know, the place we live.

So not one backed up example of how the North east is fucked now compared to 2010.

Stop talking the region down man.

So not one backed up example of how the North east is fucked now compared to 2010.

Stop talking the region down man.

Eh? Read again. Disproportionate government cuts, resultant disproportionate unemployment (highest in UK), lack of investment in jobs, lack of investment in infrastructure. Or anything else. The North needs more support than the south, not less.

This is widely accepted as a London led recovery. Last time it happened under this lot, the NE didn't follow, we we stuck in decline for a decade and more. Give me one reason to think it won't happen again, the signs are all there?

This country needs serious rebalancing with the SE overheating and over populating but large areas here actually depopulating. Name one initiative that's going to reverse this? It doesn't even figure on the government's radar, we're not even getting HS2.

I'm not putting the region down as its got loads of things going for it but economically the conservatives have a history of doing fuck all for us, and why would they? That's why you are in the minority of posters here in supporting them. To paraphrase HF, you're a turkey voting for Christmas.

Eh? Read again. Disproportionate government cuts, resultant disproportionate unemployment (highest in UK), lack of investment in jobs, lack of investment in infrastructure. Or anything else. The North needs more support than the south, not less.

This is widely accepted as a London led recovery. Last time it happened under this lot, the NE didn't follow, we we stuck in decline for a decade and more. Give me one reason to think it won't happen again, the signs are all there?

This country needs serious rebalancing with the SE overheating and over populating but large areas here actually depopulating. Name one initiative that's going to reverse this? It doesn't even figure on the government's radar, we're not even getting HS2.

I'm not putting the region down as its got loads of things going for it but economically the conservatives have a history of doing fuck all for us, and why would they? That's why you are in the minority of posters here in supporting them. To paraphrase HF, you're a turkey voting for Christmas.

All I asked was for one backed up example of how the North East is more fucked now than 2010.

You've listed lots of rhetoric but no facts.

If you have no specific facts then really you should stop saying its fucked.

Is there more people on the dole now?

All I asked was for one backed up example of how the North East is more fucked now than 2010.

You've listed lots of rhetoric but no facts.

If you have no specific facts then really you should stop saying its fucked.

Is there more people on the dole now?

Its not rhetoric. I don't intend to research specific figures for me to prove what are commonly known facts. Perhaps you should tell me what you specifically disagree with first?

Is unemployment higher in the NE now than in 2010? I think probably so or very close. But nowhere near as positive as in the SE which was the point. You've constantly chosen to ignore the important point about the quality of jobs and the fact most are part time or self employed (not necessarily a good thing because as you know these are often very low paid ;) ).

Figuratively speaking, I'd say the NE is fucked economically for the reasons I keep on saying but you keep ignoriing. That's an opinion, not a fact. If yours is different, why not tell me why and how we are going to become a prosperous region and not just a low-skilled province with little real industry. Go on, talk uip your vision of the NE under another prolonged Tory spell. :)