Politics

Christmas Tree

What I said was about the misuse of the word poverty in this country. A point backed up in all definitions of the word relating to the western world which is why the term "relative poverty" is normally used.

As for myself according to Happys graph I do fall below the poverty line. (Which only adds to my annoyance of the use of that word).

Nice of you to completely ignore the serious points made in the article.

You've just been to Matfen for a fucking spa weekend, and you're back a week later for Sunday dinner. You don't fall under the poverty line at all you fucking ludicrous tit.

You've just been to Matfen for a fucking spa weekend, and you're back a week later for Sunday dinner. You don't fall under the poverty line at all you fucking ludicrous tit.

First of all, the Maften break was a 25th wedding gift. The Sunday lunch was paid for by hard graft.

But what you are doing is completely backing up my point. The fact I am classed as being below a poverty line is ridiculous.

It may be a handy tool for keeping some sort of statistic but I, like millions of others given this tag, in no way consider myself in poverty.

All interested parties, governments, social bodies etc would be better zooming in on the real needy rather than using these sort of statistics to bash each other with.

Part time ;)

You said a few weeks ago you worked 60 hours a week.

Your wife works.

You almost certainly have additional income.

You buy telescopes on a whim.

Your height changes.

To earn over 70k as a taxi driver.

You eat copious amounts of food and don't exercise, yet the weight drops off.

Thing us CT, you can be a likable bloke, but you're also a hopeless liar. Now don't go in the sulks with me for pointing this out. You are not in poverty by any metric or stretch of the imagination. Many people are though, this is what pisses me off with your wummery.

What has CT's poverty status got to the with half a million people forced to use foodbanks?

And does it really matter if the same problem was there under labour? It's like saying Ian Watkins is a canny bloke because Blair was in charge when they arrested Glitter.

CT, you've got 2 kids under 14, 1 over, right?

After tax household income would have to be <£23k to fall under this polls standard for poverty.

To be honest, if both partners work part-time, that isn't entirely unreasonable.

You said a few weeks ago you worked 60 hours a week.

Your wife works.

You almost certainly have additional income.

You buy telescopes on a whim.

Your height changes.

To earn over 70k as a taxi driver.

You eat copious amounts of food and don't exercise, yet the weight drops off.

Thing us CT, you can be a likable bloke, but you're also a hopeless liar. Now don't go in the sulks with me for pointing this out. You are not in poverty by any metric or stretch of the imagination. Many people are though, this is what pisses me off with your wummery.

Sometimes I can get lots of hours in (wife or daughter off to baby sit 3 year old), sometimes I get 1 or 2 days. So far this week Ive only managed Monday.

Wife works 4 days a week as a nursery nurse.

Additional income?

Even people earning under £23,000 buy stuff

Once I forgot my height

70k???

Being on a well publicised diet for over a year, documenting copious amounts of healthy if unattractive food and weekly weight loss.

In conclusion, I don't lie and I'm not going to sulk.

I however still can't understand why supposedly intelligent folk can not discuss politics without insulting people.

I have clearly explained myself on the use of the word poverty and again clearly expressed a reasoned alternative to the Guardian one sided view of life.

The fact you ignore all of this and concentrate on stupid personal points (such as I once got my height wrong), shows your complete lack of class IMO.

* not sulking btw :-)

After tax household income would have to be <£23k to fall under this polls standard for poverty.

To be honest, if both partners work part-time, that isn't entirely unreasonable.

If he earned under that would he fuck be going to Maften hall, buying telescopes, and going to the match and eating two cheese burgers and pies.

For clarity I have two daughters over 14 but as one does not live at home I didn't include her.

Sometimes I can get lots of hours in (wife or daughter off to baby sit 3 year old), sometimes I get 1 or 2 days. So far this week Ive only managed Monday.

Wife works 4 days a week as a nursery nurse.

Additional income?

Even people earning under £23,000 buy stuff

Once I forgot my height

70k???

Being on a well publicised diet for over a year, documenting copious amounts of healthy if unattractive food and weekly weight loss.

In conclusion, I don't lie and I'm not going to sulk.

I however still can't understand why supposedly intelligent folk can not discuss politics without insulting people.

I have clearly explained myself on the use of the word poverty and again clearly expressed a reasoned alternative to the Guardian one sided view of life.

The fact you ignore all of this and concentrate on stupid personal points (such as I once got my height wrong), shows your complete lack of class IMO.

* not sulking btw :-)

Everything I've attributed to you you've said on this board. Except the additional income bit so I'll drop that even if I think intuitively it must be true for your lifestyle, backed up by the fact that you are so tetchy about it. So these are your words, not mine. Where have I insulted you? By suggesting you're lying about being classed as in poverty, to back up a retarded political point? Fair enough, I plead guilty. If you don't want personal comments, dont act as such a wum by saying poverty doesn't exist (and yes of course it's fucking relative).

:lol:

What a simpleton you are.

Holidays in the south of France, regular trips out to pubs and restaurants, buying gadgets, living in a prosperous area, season ticket in 1892 club etc.

Just fuck off pretending your in the poverty percentiles man.

Holidays in the south of France, regular trips out to pubs and restaurants, buying gadgets, living in a prosperous area, season ticket in 1892 club etc.

Just fuck off pretending your in the poverty percentiles man.

you're^