Politics

Christmas Tree

The best "practical" response I've read to that was a one off 20% levy on all assets over 1m.

Would be worth it just to hear the squeals as they headed for the exit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll actually give some credit to the Labour candidate in Shields (can't remember her name :lol: ) as she did do a lot of door to door campaigning and was out there trying to win votes. Especially in comparison to Milliband who done fuck all as he knew he would always be kept in no matter what.

Her victory speech was more full of platitudes than a platitude factory, but she did come across like a hardened local campaigner. Because of course you can judge these things based on a five-minute section on Sky News. :unsure:

I'll actually give some credit to the Labour candidate in Shields (can't remember her name :lol: ) as she did do a lot of door to door campaigning and was out there trying to win votes. Especially in comparison to Milliband who done fuck all as he knew he would always be kept in no matter what.

Bad time management on her part really then given the fact Labour could put a hat on a donkey and it would get voted in in Shields.

Her victory speech was more full of platitudes than a platitude factory, but she did come across like a hardened local campaigner. Because of course you can judge these things based on a five-minute section on Sky News. :unsure:

Aye I thought the same. She sounded thick as mince as well.

Aye I thought the same. She sounded thick as mince as well.

You're not wrong like . Did you see her on the Look North ELECTION HOTSEAT the other night when they put a chair in the streetand get folk to ask them what they're going to do about litter etc ? Sarah Millican's slow sister.

And as for Norma and her borrowed false teeth, dear me . She'll have to pack in the bingo now .

I'm not coming from a political angle per se but it's a pretty tepid state of affairs when this is the calibre of candidate :)

Went to see my mam last night. She mentioned how she'd seen the new labour candidate on telly doing some crown green bowls and "she looked like a right divvy". There followed a ten minute diatribe about her clothing, her eyes, her weight, her accent, her intelligence....

...all based on her underarm technique at Jack Clark Park.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So Ed Milliband rules out a yes / no referendum on Europe at the next election.

Strange move given the way the tide seems to be turning.

Makes sense to me. Most people don't actually care all that much about Yoorop in the wider scheme of things, and it's an easy way for him to establish a distinct policy position on something (for once) without actually having to do anything.

Bloody Hell!!!!

Cameron To Publish In-Out EU Referendum Bill

Last Updated 21:48 13/05/2013

David Cameron is to publish a draft bill that will guarantee the British public an in-out EU referendum.

The Prime Minister is to seize the initiative amid internecine squabbling within the Conservative party and propose laws that will pave the way for a vote on whether Britain should remain in the EU.

The draft bill is to be published tomorrow, the day ahead of an amendment to the Queen's Speech expressing "regret" that an EU referendum was not on the agenda.

More follows...

Oh good God, what is the point of this country if we vote out. Which we will. Because we're a collective mass of idiocy.

What's the great vision then Dave? We lead the world in crooked banking? All this just to keep the Romanians out...