What brand of tea do you drink

Christmas Tree

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only type of tea that I drink is green tea, although nowhere near as much as I used to.

Don't think I've tried green. Is it a perfume type taste?

Once had a gorgeous Assam but could never find one in the shops that tasted as good.

Current tea is Twinnings Breakfast.

As someone who talks about his body, pinball machines and weddings (including pics of all 3), I think you are the last person to take offence at a discussion on a pass time 99% of us partake in. :)

Are we really getting into shit we talk about? Turf, goldfish, food, taxis, food, being too lazy to exercise, food, pub night, Tories, £100k pa job, food

Whatever is on offer.

See this is stupidity!

You'll happily go I to a pub and pay £4 or £5 for a pint, but will quibble over saving a few penny's on tea.

A box of say 240 works out around 16p a cup yet you might do without a brand you like, simply to shave half a pence off per cup!!!!

Madness. You should be carted off! Oh wait....

See this is stupidity!

You'll happily go I to a pub and pay £4 or £5 for a pint, but will quibble over saving a few penny's on tea.

A box of say 240 works out around 16p a cup yet you might do without a brand you like, simply to shave half a pence off per cup!!!!

Or, he doesn't buy tea, but if offered it will drink a cup.

See this is stupidity!

That analogy only works if you can taste the difference between different brands of black/breakfast/normal tea. I can't to any significant extent. If I couldn't tell the difference between beers then I'd buy Carling or Fosters rather than something actually nice but more expensive. But I can.

There's so much that can affect a regular cuppa beyond the teabag anyway. Water quality, brewing time, milk, all of that. Mind I suppose that's also true of how a pub keeps its beer.

That analogy only works if you can taste the difference between different brands of black/breakfast/normal tea. I can't to any significant extent. If I couldn't tell the difference between beers then I'd buy Carling or Fosters rather than something actually nice but more expensive. But I can.

There's so much that can affect a regular cuppa beyond the teabag anyway. Water quality, brewing time, milk, all of that. Mind I suppose that's also true of how a pub keeps its beer.

But surely you can understand that some can taste the difference? :)

But surely you can understand that some can taste the difference? :)

OzClarke.jpg

"What are you getting, you fat pleb?"

" Mmm, Oz, I'm getting cucumber and spring onions, with ...... with a hint of hoisin.

And Duck, yes definitely duck there in the finish "

" That was your lunch, you unutterable tit".

Depends. Twinings English Breakfast mostly, I do like Yorkshire (and their hard-water variety is a must down here if you can't be arsed to Britta filter the water pre-kettle), when I'm out I don't ask for the brand of tea, but usually I'll drink English Breakfast until early evening, when I'll switch to Earl Grey. We do have a few of the more smokey varieties at home, but I rarely go for those when out.

Green Tea is excellent on a hangover, or just when you're feeling down.

Meenzer is right though, so many things can affect a tea that if I were at home and my Dad offered me a cup of Ringtons tea, I'd probably hang fire until my Mam offered half an hour later.

He's just to quick to whip the bag out; doesn't let the fucking thing brew. smh