US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it. So he's not repealing gay marriage, and he's leaving abortion law to individual states...? That doesn't seem like the end of the world. If anything he's abdicating responsibility on both issues.

Mike Pence is another issue of course.

you don't see that sending it back to the states is bad news for women across america, or that protecting second amendment rights is bad news for all of america? 

you don't see that sending it back to the states is bad news for women across america, or that protecting second amendment rights is bad news for all of america? 

The second amendment was going nowhere, it's not like Obama managed to touch it while he was in power.

As for abortion 1) they can still go to other states and 2) a large number of Americans are pro-life. Yes it's far from ideal, but nothing covered there strikes me as something out of the ordinary for a republican candidate.

The second amendment was going nowhere, it's not like Obama managed to touch it while he was in power.

As for abortion 1) they can still go to other states and 2) a large number of Americans are pro-life. Yes it's far from ideal, but nothing covered there strikes me as something out of the ordinary for a republican candidate.

hillary wanted to introduce background checks. a babystep in the right direction at least. 

good background reading on bannon from last year 

[tweet]

[/tweet] 

Interesting that the MSM has now picked up on the Alt-Right. Breitbart has been going for years and is a rather depressing news source in terms of their inflammatory language. The Alt-Right is absolutely, 100%, the response to 'progressivism', political correctness and identity politics though. They've been key in pulling the lower wage workers who should be voting left, over to the right. Although in fairness, the 'left' was pushing them that way as well.

What about this Obamacare lark? What's gonna happen there and can Drumpf part replace it or make it better or worse?

Dont think he knows yet. The consensus is that you cant take that away from people without a significant backlash. I read one Trump voter (female muslim) whose main complaint appeared to be as a single mother she could not afford Obamacare and therefore the democrats had done nothing for her. If Trump reforms and expands access then this will be progress. However, thats not what the Republicans have been arguing but i cant see what move they make which rolls it back without pissing off 30 million people.

Dont think he knows yet. The consensus is that you cant take that away from people without a significant backlash. I read one Trump voter (female muslim) whose main complaint appeared to be as a single mother she could not afford Obamacare and therefore the democrats had done nothing for her. If Trump reforms and expands access then this will be progress. However, thats not what the Republicans have been arguing but i cant see what move they make which rolls it back without pissing off 30 million people.

A female Muslim who voted for Trump deserves shooting with shit.

Thanks.

Can he take on the 15 trillion debt? I mean it's more than that....If we look at the companies that are underwater and the Fed pumping in money it's probably double that...

I note Bannon has been a critic of TARP and of the federal spending for two decades...I sense cuts are coming but we know its very difficult for the state to intervene and balance runaway crony Capitalism. :)

Are there budget cuts possible?

Military would have been the best place but he's already said he going to modernize the military.

Cutting American bases from 400 to 200 would be a start but that isn't right wing dogma. ;)

Edited by Park Life

I read one Trump voter (female muslim) whose main complaint appeared to be as a single mother she could not afford Obamacare and therefore the democrats had done nothing for her.

If it's the same one (and this one did complain about Obamacare costs) she said:

The revelations of multimillion-dollar donations to the Clinton Foundation from Qatar and Saudi Arabia killed my support for Clinton. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2016/11/10/im-a-muslim-a-woman-and-an-immigrant-i-voted-for-trump/

If it's the same one (and this one did complain about Obamacare costs) she said:

The revelations of multimillion-dollar donations to the Clinton Foundation from Qatar and Saudi Arabia killed my support for Clinton. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2016/11/10/im-a-muslim-a-woman-and-an-immigrant-i-voted-for-trump/

That makes more sense I guess. Fair play to her for putting principle above identity.

She seems like an idiot who takes issues with minor Clinton and Democrat faults while completely ignoring all of Trump's failings.

This says a lot:

I moved to historically conservative Virginia only because the state had helped elect Barack Obama as the first African American president of the United States.

What worried me the most were my concerns about the influence of theocratic Muslim dictatorships, including Qatar and Saudi Arabia, in a Hillary Clinton America. These dictatorships are no shining examples of progressive society with their failure to offer fundamental human rights and pathways to citizenship to immigrants from India, refugees from Syria and the entire class of de facto slaves that live in those dictatorships.

How on earth can Muslim dictatorships on the other side of the world be her number one concern when she's an unemployed single mother who can't afford Obamacare? 

And the failure to offer human rights and paths to citizenship to immigrants and refugees is exactly what Trump is proposing.

She's a moron.

Whether or not she's an idiot.  The majority of people in her state voted trump and helped swing the election.  You have to listen to why, surely.

She wanted Obama and Clinton to call radical islam radical islam.  I'm not sure why Clinton couldn't do that.  

She was horrified that Clinton would take money from Qatar and Saudi Arabia while selling them arms and only privately acknowledge their support for ISIS.

Is that a minor fault?  To a mulsim woman watching muslim contries get bombed in high numbers all justified in the name of destroying Al Qaeda and ISIS... while providing clandestine support to them?

I want my leader to be statesman like. Not to attack all Muslims because it makes me feel better to hear them do so. Her stance is entirely hypocritical and (like I imagine a lot of Trump voters) it appears to be a fuck you vote because the government hasn't done anything to help her directly.

I want my leader to be statesman like. Not to attack all Muslims because it makes me feel better to hear them do so. Her stance is entirely hypocritical and (like I imagine a lot of Trump voters) it appears to be a fuck you vote because the government hasn't done anything to help her directly.

"You didn't do enough to help my very specific problems, I will not bother to check if that was because the party I am about to vote for made you water down your proposals because of their support of large pharma companies and insurers. Instead I am going to vote for them and jab myself in the eye with this chilli covered fork. Fuck You!"

ewerk proposing that the solution here is to ignore what people are actually saying about why they voted for Trump, and simply assume that they're idiots. I wonder how many more Brexits and Trumps it will take before we, the liberal middle classes, start listening to people? There's a lot more we can still lose, you know? Would it hurt to just accept that our worldview isn't all encompassing?

I read the article and think she has some points. Economically, she appears to be putting over the view that things were shit under Obama, they're unlikely to get worse under Trump. And that's before her other concerns.

ewerk proposing that the solution here is to ignore what people are actually saying about why they voted for Trump, and simply assume that they're idiots. I wonder how many more Brexits and Trumps it will take before we, the liberal middle classes, start listening to people? There's a lot more we can still lose, you know? Would it hurt to just accept that our worldview isn't all encompassing?

I read the article and think she has some points. Economically, she appears to be putting over the view that things were shit under Obama, they're unlikely to get worse under Trump. And that's before her other concerns.

I am sorry but if he cuts taxes and spends with the debt they currently have then things are going to get a shitload worse for people on lower incomes.

It seems to me she's frustrated that the government isn't doing anything to help her so a change must be an improvement. In four years time she'll realise that nothing has improved for her. It's why parties tend not to get three consecutive terms unless it's in a time of economic prosperity. People naturally become frustrated and will vote for change no matter what it is.

Me too, but the idiots (or deplorables) want someone who will tell it like it is.  

Being too politically correct to publicly call a radical muslim a radical muslim, but privately being willing to trample over any notion of liberal idealism in order to 1) court financial contributions from and 2) sell arms to despised theocratic muslim dictatorships is the sort of two faced political expedience and self serving connivance that is exactly the opposite of what voters wanted in 2016.

With Trump, voters believe that what he says publicly is what he says privately.  No matter how stupid, ill informed, self serving and racist.  No-one anywhere, even her strongest supporters believe that for 1 second from Clinton.