US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Pence getting a 2 second thank you right at the very end. [emoji38]

Aye. [emoji38] He thanked every fucker, including all the public services in the country, then turned round at the end and was like "Ah aye this cunt too."

:lol:

It just dawned on me I haven't checked the guardian yet. The wailing and nashing of teeth on there will be a sight to behold...

We're in a brave new world now. Would be great if some of you guys in the centre could consider heading left now because really, the centre is fucked.

Edited by Rayvin

I also think it serves the democratic party completely right for backing and sticking with someone so unlikeable they couldn't even beat Donald Trump.

This is the big takeaway. They rigged it for themselves to lose the election. Well played DNC.

:lol:

It just dawned on me I haven't checked the guardian yet. The wailing and nashing of teeth on there will be a sight to behold...

We're in a brave new world now. Would be great if some of you guys in the centre could consider heading left now because really, the centre is fucked.

"They see us as a true existential  threat to their power, they have set about me with their whole MSM to stop me...I will take all the slings and arrows for you....I am doing this to take our country back..." DJT

"This is a struggle for the survival of our very nation and this will be our last chance...This is reality...They know it, you know it....I know it...This is our last stand".

Edited by Park Life

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/09/donald-trump-white-house-hillary-clinton-liberals

Start at the top. Why, oh why, did it have to be Hillary Clinton? Yes, she has an impressive resume; yes, she worked hard on the campaign trail. But she was exactly the wrong candidate for this angry, populist moment. An insider when the country was screaming for an outsider. A technocrat who offered fine-tuning when the country wanted to take a sledgehammer to the machine.

She was the Democratic candidate because it was her turn and because a Clinton victory would have moved every Democrat in Washington up a notch. Whether or not she would win was always a secondary matter, something that was taken for granted. Had winning been the party’s number one concern, several more suitable candidates were ready to go. There was Joe Biden, with his powerful plainspoken style, and there was Bernie Sanders, an inspiring and largely scandal-free figure. Each of them would probably have beaten Trump, but neither of them would really have served the interests of the party insiders.

And so Democratic leaders made Hillary their candidate even though they knew about her closeness to the banks, her fondness for war, and her unique vulnerability on the trade issue – each of which Trump exploited to the fullest. They chose Hillary even though they knew about her private email server. They chose her even though some of those who studied the Clinton Foundation suspected it was a sketchy proposition.

To try to put over such a nominee while screaming that the Republican is a rightwing monster is to court disbelief. If Trump is a fascist, as liberals often said, Democrats should have put in their strongest player to stop him, not a party hack they’d chosen because it was her turn. Choosing her indicated either that Democrats didn’t mean what they said about Trump’s riskiness, that their opportunism took precedence over the country’s well-being, or maybe both.

I'm enjoying the idiots on twitter calling 50% of their country racist, sexist bigots.

They've obviously learnt nothing from today.

The message will get through eventually...