US election 2016

Happy Face

Was that ever in doubt?

No, I just thought it was a well written leader that laid bare what's at stake.

I think the KKK's daily is the only newspaper to officially endorse the Mexican hating pussy grabber

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama done fucked up Florida with his sanction lifting on Cuba. The whole Cuban pop of Florida immediately went Trump. :)

The only reason it is close now is cause of the newly arrived Latino vote. ;)

Edited by Park Life

Obama done fucked up Florida with his sanction lifting on Cuba. The whole Cuban pop of Florida immediately went Trump. :)

The only reason it is close now is cause of the newly arrived Latino vote. ;)

Clinton's turned around the 3% deficit she had in Florida a week ago to an 11% lead today

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/florida/

Superb analysis from elitist guardian commentator Jonathan Freedland

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/07/who-is-to-blame-us-election-trump

He is elitist though. Shocking commentator. He was pleading with people on the left to forego their principles and vote for his in the name of compromise not long ago.

Hugely partisan guy.

Robert de Niro supports Hillary and would like to punch Trump in the face. Has Trump got any celebrity endorsements outside his family and Farage?

Sort of get the point here but if there was ever a demonstration of the rich protecting the establishment that made them rich, it's celebrity endorsements of Clinton. Nauseating that people need to be told how to vote by people whose IQs are probably in the Sub-80 range.

Edited by Rayvin

He is elitist though. Shocking commentator. He was pleading with people on the left to forego their principles and vote for his in the name of compromise not long ago.

Hugely partisan guy.

Ignore his defence of elitism from his ivory tower for a moment. Do you disagree with anything in the piece?

I loved Clinton quoting JayZ lyrics last week. What an abominable weapon of a woman.

Like when she went on a black radio station and was asked what she always carries in her handbag and responded "hot sauce". [emoji38]

I'm struggling a bit here, but it almost seems like Rayvin would rather Trump won so we can stick two fingers up at "the man" because the consequences of Trump not winning in the long term are somehow worse.

This is a bizarre standpoint from a liberal, when you look at everything trump represents, how he fought this campaign and what his victory might mean for the rest of the world.

I don't want to speak for Rayvin, but I would assume that his point is basically that Hillary represents a continuation of the status quo. A status quo which is a fucking disaster for normal people, the environment, basically anyone outside of the 1%.

Trump is unquestionably NOT the antidote to that status quo but he's at least SOMETHING ELSE. A different path that might lead to something.

I don't want to speak for Rayvin, but I would assume that his point is basically that Hillary represents a continuation of the status quo. A status quo which is a fucking disaster for normal people, the environment, basically anyone outside of the 1%.

Trump is unquestionably NOT the antidote to that status quo but he's at least SOMETHING ELSE. A different path that might lead to something.

Yeah, it's like finding out that there's nothing you like on the menu in the canteen at lunchtime so you stab yourself in the fucking eye.

Even if that path to something else is a trail to 1930s Germany?

Hillary's social policies are pretty progressive, in part influenced by the support Sanders received. The one concern I'd have with her is potentially a hawkish foreign policy and I don't genuinely believe she's stupid enough to try to start world war lll. Seriously, the status quo in this case is streets ahead of the alternative, which is potentially quite scary for the world.

Edited by Dr Gloom

The status quo is clearly not a disaster for anyone outside the 1%, that's ridiculous. A lot of people have taken a hit to their standard of living since 2008, but by historical contexts most are still well off. Look at the materialism and holidays threads man.

The main issues we have in the western world are related to globalism and technological advancement. Massively complex issues so you can bet there is no simple solution. I see Clinton's policies as moderately progressive as opposed to Trump's which are massively regressive.

The status quo is just the status quo. If her policies are progressive, they won't get passed.

I don't really give a shit who wins, but it'll have been a close shave for the establishment if Hillary does. I can't understand Americans latching on to Trump specifically cos he's such a fucking breast, but I can see why there's an anyone but more of this shit camp.

The status quo is just the status quo. If her policies are progressive, they won't get passed.

I don't really give a shit who wins, but it'll have been a close shave for the establishment if Hillary does. I can't understand Americans latching on to Trump specifically cos he's such a fucking breast, but I can see why there's an anyone but more of this shit camp.

Here domestic policies are broadly aligned with Sanders, who now endorses her. Seriously, what the fuck do you want?

The status quo is clearly not a disaster for anyone outside the 1%, that's ridiculous. A lot of people have taken a hit to their standard of living since 2008, but by historical contexts most are still well off. Look at the materialism and holidays threads man.

The main issues we have in the western world are related to globalism and technological advancement. Massively complex issues so you can bet there is no simple solution. I see Clinton's policies as moderately progressive as opposed to Trump's which are massively regressive.

There ARE people that are dramatically worse off though. And they are the ones latching on to Trump. I don't get impacted by the worst of what the Tories do, but I don't want them to win.

If I was over there, obviously I'm not giving my vote to that wig wearing penis, but I can see why people who are basically circling the drain would look to some kind of change.

Exactly.

The fact that there are as many Trump supporting Democrats as Hillary supporting Republicans suggests that a decent number of liberals can now see the problems in this system.

It's all relative though, and most of us are going to be sufficiently insulated in our middle class bubbles that we just assume everyone else can see and is happy with how things are. But the reality is that the working class aren't looking back through time and comparing their situation to those who have gone before ffs. They're looking at us and comparing themselves to us. As they fucking should be. There is no simply solution though, you're right. Clinton is no solution at all, and Trump's only purpose would be to shake the career politicians to their core - beyond that he'd be useless too.

Exactly.

The fact that there are as many Trump supporting Democrats as Hillary supporting Republicans suggests that a decent number of liberals can now see the problems in this system.

Source?