US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton has pneumonia. Not a good look for a presidential candidate.

Assuming she recovers I reckon she'll get some manner of sympathy vote. Then again, as you imply, it does rather suggest that she can't handle the stresses involved.

Edited by Rayvin

Assuming she recovers I reckon she'll get some manner of sympathy vote. Then again, as you imply, it does rather suggest that she can't handle the stresses involved.

She won't get any sympathy vote, she'll be perceived as weak. Honestly think Trump will win this.

I'm struggling to think what the world would look like if he did. There's a part of me that almost wants to see it, mind. Especially since we all know exactly what we'll get if the establishment wins instead.

It's beyond depressing that the anti-establishment candidate is such a fruitloop.

I still think Hillary will win it though. Trump has been strangely quiet recently (insofar as the media seem to be reporting on him less) and I suspect she's still winning comfortably in the polls.

“I think it’s an issue. In fact, this last week I took a physical and I’ll be releasing when the numbers come in. Hopefully they’re going to be good, I think they’re going to be good, I feel great, but when the numbers come in I’ll be releasing very, very specific numbers."

Very, very specific. [emoji38]

I have health numbers. I have the best health numbers you've ever seen. They're gonna be yuuuuuge.

“I think it’s an issue. In fact, this last week I took a physical and I’ll be releasing when the numbers come in. Hopefully they’re going to be good, I think they’re going to be good, I feel great, but when the numbers come in I’ll be releasing very, very specific numbers."

Very, very specific. [emoji38]

I have health numbers. I have the best health numbers you've ever seen. They're gonna be yuuuuuge.

As long as those numbers have nothing to do with his tax returns he's happy to release them.

The "very, very specific" thing. Sounds like someone has said that to him meaning "we obviously can't tell them everything cos you're dripping to get bits, but we can pick some good shit out and let them have that" and he has misunderstood and thought "very, very specific" was some kind of superlative.

The "very, very specific" thing. Sounds like someone has said that to him meaning "we obviously can't tell them everything cos you're dripping to get bits, but we can pick some good shit out and let them have that" and he has misunderstood and thought "very, very specific" was some kind of superlative.

:D probably. Like release his hdl cholesterol but not his ldl. But honestly, this is crazy. Wasn't arguably the greatest ever president, Franklin Roosevelt, crippled from polio?

BTW, has it been said yet on this thread that Trump has an uncanny resemblance to Biff from BTTF?

Edit: not surprising since I've just read Biff was modelled on Trump. :blush: Still, the film was 30 years ago and they got the appearance spot on.

Edited by Renton

Can't remember who predicted this, but some podcaster or writer was going on about how frightening it was that the lunatics could choose Trump and then some disaster hit Clinton ( health, dodgy background, whatever) and Trump would walk in unopposed.

Surely the Democrats get to replace her though?

Can't remember who predicted this, but some podcaster or writer was going on about how frightening it was that the lunatics could choose Trump and then some disaster hit Clinton ( health, dodgy background, whatever) and Trump would walk in unopposed.

Surely the Democrats get to replace her though?

You mean like Sanders? That's probably the best outcome for the whole sorry thing.

That said, Trump will win if she exits now - there'd be pandemonium.

The debates start in two weeks. I doubt she's gonna be sorted by then.

If she has pneumonia as reported then no reason why not. I had it a couple of years ago and felt terrible, but was better after a week of antibiotics. If the rumours are true and she has more serious long term issues, then who knows. It would make her selfish for running though.