Newcastle v Hull

Happy Face

Played well, same as last week, after conceding we didnt go into our shell we just got our passing going again. Good to see. The summariser (northerner, yourkshire/lancs?) on my stream says Hull are targetting the space in behind Debuchy, he may have a point.

Think it's Barry Horne the ex-Everton player. If I was a manager I think I'd target him too.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played well, same as last week, after conceding we didnt go into our shell we just got our passing going again. Good to see. The summariser (northerner, yourkshire/lancs?) on my stream says Hull are targetting the space in behind Debuchy, he may have a point.

Barry Horne, the cunt.

Need to get Sissoko and Ben Arfa on the ball more.

Hate to say it, but can't help thinking how last year would have turned out if Remy had signed - what was his European situation in January by the way?

Entertaining first half. Our players were eager from the start, and it was great to see the first option was always to play it out from the back. As a result of dominating possession and ultimately getting the opening goal our fullbacks were pushing high up the pitch. Santon was sticking to his left channel, combining with Remy well but Debuchy was also coming in field on occassion. This left us exposed at the back where their most enterprising player (Brady) got behind Debuchy to cross for what should have been a goal. Somehow Krul managed to pull off an exceptional save, but it was all for nothing as almost immediately after the clearance the ball was back with Brady in all sorts of space on their left. It was a tidy finish from him between the advancing Krul's legs, but the real question was why had Debuchy pushed so far inside. Ben Arfa too could have been more proactive in pushing back to pickup the unmarked man.

From there it was a flowing game with us obviously bossing possession, but Hull were not without influence. Despite them creating perhaps the two most clear cut chances of the half we're good for our lead.